'ansom is as 'ansom does

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I went back to look what Beast's neck looked like at 5 years old... then found a picture of her at 8 years old ( possibly 4 years old and 7 years old... we have some doubts ).

Eddie's neck is going to get longer.

FB_IMG_1597492085420.jpgFB_IMG_1597491835763.jpg

He'd be such a handsome pair with The Beast. It's a good job I don't have instant access to lots of money. ?

deb_l222

Visit site
I think he’s fabulous and his head suits his breeding, big and chunky with a proper roman nose.

They probably need to calm down with the jumping at that age before they knacker his joints before they’re formed but someone will get a cracking horse there. Very expensive though but I’m a bit out of touch with equestrian pricing.

stormox

Visit site
The head only looks really common in the side on pic, fair play to them for showing it. You hardly notice it from other angles, and he hasnt grown into his frame yet. When he's 6 or 7 it will be a lot less noticeable.

Winters100

Visit site
Just to add that when I first saw my mare my initial thought was 'what an enormous head!'. Since owning her she has been such an angel that I now genuinely see her differently - I really find her beautiful and don't understand why I ever thought her head was too big!

Ceriann

Visit site
My OH who is almost persuaded that he wouldn’t mind a neddie (he’s hacked a few times but a proper novice) thought he was smart and only noticed the head when I pointed it out. Thankfully he really wouldn’t suit a green 4 year old.

M&M&G

Visit site
Eh, I've seen many a head in that shape, mostly on drafts, Iberians, or draft crosses. I don't think it has anything to do with the horse being medically sound or not. I think it is not necessarily a desired trait to have such a convex profile though, but it happens. My horse's sire is a bit far on the convex side and I'm actually disappointed that mine isn't as Roman as I would've liked. :p

Love a horse will a borderline ugly noble head!

Me too! It seems to be a bit of a Marmite thing - as do heads of the opposite extreme which are not my thing at all!