Anthony Batchelor, saddle fitter

LaurenBay

Visit site
I have done a bit of research on saddle fitters in Essex. I have heard nothing but good stories about him. However the threads were from about a year ago!

Has anyone used him recently? he was based in Epping and now in Ongar.

If anyone has a number I would be very grateful.

littlescallywag

Visit site
I used him august time last year, was very impressed with him, not expensive either.
Can't give you his number as unfortunatly my software packed up on my phone and I lost his number ( just realised that's another one I've lost :()

LaurenBay

Visit site
Thats a shame :( I have found an old number for him, when he was based in Epping. Just can't seem to get hold of his new number. I wasn't even sure if he was still doing it.

wanderersmelody

Visit site
He is fantastic. Actually takes an interest in watching you ride your horse, gives really valued information and if he genuinely cannot help you out, he will actually say so and not take your money. I had a show sadlle repaired by him (new girth straps and flocking and new panels) and also had a new GP saddle made and its absoloutely gorgeous. His telephone number 01277 890660 mobile - 07889 975929. Good luck

littlescallywag

Visit site
Thanks wanderersmelody .
Was hoping someone would post a number for him :)
Been googling since replied to OP and not found anything other than old number.

irishdraftlover

Visit site
he is brilliant, very good with my big horse who is nervous of men!! fitted him with a brand new gp and second hand dressage. also fitted a very wide livery cob i had who was diff to get a saddle for! highly recommend

LaurenBay

Visit site
I have just gotten off the phone, with I think his father. Very nice man. Unfortuantaly, Anthony doesn't tend to fit second han saddles anymore. His saddles are starting from £700 upwards. Which I cannot justify paying at the moment. My Horse is still having soundness issues at the moment, so don't want to spend a fourtune on a saddle, to be told in 6 months time, that she can't be ridden anymore. So think I am off to Ingatestone. Was a very very lovely man to talk too though.