Anthony Evans Horsebox Breakdown Cover

Stella

Visit site
Has anyone used this company? If so, would you recommend them? I used Equestrain Support Services last year. They did have to come out to me once and I was happy with the service. They are quoting £149 for the coming year. Anthony Evans are quoting £84. Seems a bit odd because ESS are basing the quote on the age of the vehicle, AE are not, its just a standard price for their full cover (excluding home start). My vehicle is only 4 years old, so they are charging the same for newer vehicles and 'old bangers'!

Anyway, any experiences gratefully received
smile.gif

ajb

Visit site
ive had my lorry with Antohy Evans for 4 years or more and always found them great to deal with Somewhat strangely I have just today written the renewal cheque to them! I also have the bolt on breakdown service which fortunately havent had to use..just renewed and its £89 for the cover which I think is a bit more than last year. I did have to call them once a few years ago when I got axle deep stuck at a ride and they had no way of pulling me out..cant say they were helpful but as they pointed out I wasnt broken down just stuck and grumpy!!!!...

juliehannah58

Visit site
I've always used them - had to call them out on Xmas eve last year at home as lorry wouldn't start! They were excellent and out within 30mins and got it started in no time. Friendly on the phone, great to deal with - Used them for years and no complaints from me!

mlm

Visit site
used them when i had a horse box for 3 years called out twice they were very good i would recommend

foraday

Visit site
Check the small print!!

They are so cheap as when you break down with a horse on board they lift up the lorry and tow your lorry with your horse on board!!!!

Whereas ESS pick up your lorry with a recovery vehicle and unload your horse on to a transporter to continue your journey!

I know who I will stick with!

conniegirl

Visit site
I highly reccomend SEIB, when we broke down they couldnt do enough for us and thier recovery service was extremely friendly and went out of thier way to make it as stress free as possible for us!

ecrozier

Visit site
I've used Anthony Evans rescue twice now and they have been fantastic both times I have to say, highly recemmended from my experience.

mrussell

Visit site
I second that! We had a blow out on the M25 and SEIB's rescue company were with us within 20 minutes. Mind you, we had to ring the police ourselves to get them to attend/shut the lane before the recovery company turned up.

Penniless

Visit site
Have AE insurance and breakdown cover for over 3 years now and had to use them once. Very good service. We'd just bought a new lorry and filled it with petrol instead of diesel! Rang them up and explained and they told us to stay immediately where we were and they would come. They arrived in very quick time and luckily, the garage we were in, had a big lorry park-up behind it, so he towed us (flat towing - not lifted) around the back of the garage and there and then, instead of taking us to a decontamination centre, did it there and then for us. Took a while but he was great and no complaints. We had a yearling on board and the rescue man went out of his way to do it as quickly as possible without putting us through the trauma of unloading on the A1 and having to reload onto some strangers lorry. (Thankfully, the yearling loaded brilliantly all the time so it wouldn't have been a problem to unload and load again, but I like my horses travelling in my own box). Also, heaven forbid if I ever had a horse that wasn't good at loading - the thought of unloading and loading again on a main road would give me nightmares. AE themselves for insurance have been brilliant. I was involved in a crash two years ago and the follow-up I've had from the company in regards to sorting out lawyers and barristers etc. has been great. Thankfully the horses on board (mare and foal) recovered well, but unfortunately I've now been in hospital for 7 operations on my spine with a few more operations still to come.

conniegirl

Visit site
SEIB were with us within 5 mins (although that could have been because i was slightly hysterical about the fact the brakes were smoking!)

We were also on the side of a motorway, but with no chance of getting it fixed at the roadside, and one pony who would have flipped if i unloaded him as he is terrified of moving trucks. SEIB organised a lowloader for the lorry, took us on the low loader to a local bird sanctuary, we unloaded both ponies there and waited there for the other horsebox to arrive.
The recovery men were brilliant and on thier way to our nice mr lorry mans garage they stopped off at our house so my dad could unload all the tack and junk out of the lorry.

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
We have called them out twice in 10 years.Once for a blow out and once because diesel had been stolen in the night and we never noticed. Both times a locl garage attended and were quick and efficient

ecrozier

Visit site
QR
I might be wrong here, but don't you usually get a local garage (HGV recovery place) whoever you are with? I'd always assumed that they all use a network of local agents? When I broke down (forgot to turn the fuel cut off valve back on!) they were there in 15 mins. When the starter motor went at 6am on a saturday morning, in a petrol station on J10 of the M40, they took about 25 mins.
The guys who came out to rescue me the first time through Antony Evans now do all my repairs, servicing etc - they just got our 22 year old bedford through its plating for under £500 including a full service and the plating itself - got to be a good thing!
Also, I think I would rather have my lorry towed home with my horses on than have to off load them on the side of a busy road. Fingers crossed I don't have to make that choice though, how horrible.

bugsysmum

Visit site
Interesting - when my old lorry wouldn't start they wouldn't come out to me as the lorry was parked at home!!
Didn't see this in the small print...
(But I'm still a member?!)

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Stella I have been with them for ten years, broken down around four times and every time I have no complaints at all.
We also had an idiot run head on into the box and they paid up for that promptly too.
Ignore anyone who says they have "heard" things,, I have actually experienced them and believe me they are very good in a crisis..

Amy_08

Visit site
I have called them out twice-couldn't have asked for better. They came out quickly and were really helpful and got my horse back to the yard as quickly and safely as possible

the watcher

Visit site
This is all quite comforting as I have just insured my lorry with them, and taken on the recovery scheme as well, and was a bit concerned by the 'read the small print' comment in an earlier post.