any american quarter horse owners on here

ROANYGIRL

Visit site
hi all just wondering if there is any american quarter horse owners on here ,if so where are you in the country,
i am in basildon essex,:D

Malibu_Stacy

Visit site
My horse is allegedly a QH cross TB, but all I have to back this up is an ancient Vaccs. sheet from when she was a baby. Apparently her original name was Ralwin Poteen :confused:

We are in Cambs.

ironhorse

Visit site
Desired Vision also seems to throw buckskins, sorrels and bays. He's now at Rockfield QH, he's a lovely chap but getting on a bit.

Malibu Stacey - there are quite a few QHs with the Ralwin prefix, not sure where it comes from.

Our mare was imported from Canada in utero - mare owner wasn't expecting her!
She's a complete madam and very opinionated - this is a distinct trait of the breed! However, we've owned her five years and she's taught us everything we know about showing, and most of what we know about western. She does do English, but is very clear about what she prefers! We love her to bits and are just thinking about finding a 'husband' for her ...

Enfys

Visit site
She's a complete madam and very opinionated - this is a distinct trait of the breed! .

Really? I haven't found that at all, my QH mellows hotter (eg arabian temperaments noticably) they are like anything though, all individuals.

I am a pedigree junkie, what is her breeding please?

Chavhorse

Visit site
My lad is the only non QH at the stal! Vardi is an Appaloosa x Warmblood and his best mate is a AQHA Registered horse called Goldern Mc Nick or Mac.

Now if you see Mac on his own he is stocky and a real big boy. Unfortunatly when he is stood next to my guy much to his owners chagrin he looks like small pony.

They are stunning horses though and when my husband is ready to buy next year we want one.

Vardi and Mac
picture.php

My Best Mate
picture.php

a kind of magic

Visit site
I have two, although they are registered APHA they are only of quarter horse breeding.

First is Philadelphia, grey 2yo filly out of Skips Disney Doll by Hes An Imprinted Star, Grandaughter of RH Imprint and Skips R Dandy. She is incredibly well built. She also has Impressive lines but all the Impressive horses are N/N. She has a beautiful head and an arse like a cook! Her 'posh' name is Quest Starring Doll.

Second is Herbie, bay roan minimally marked overo. 2yo colt. His white patches are on his belly tucked out of the way. He is by Quest Smoken Classic out of Tempests Last Dance, a foundation King bred mare. He is Grandson of Mr Smoken Valentine and Arabis Firedancer. His sire was imported in utero. He is a very handsome, well put together horse and judging by his play in the field, he can certainly turn on a sixpence!

Will put photos up when I figure out how!

Last edited:

vonno

www.celticqh.com
Hi, only just picked up this thread. Roanygirl, think I've guessed who you are, and my pic is your mare as a baby before she roaned out.
And as I used to own SS Smokin Jesse, think I also know who Perfect11's is now!
Good to know the QH enthusiasts are all on H&H forum.

perfect11s

Visit site
Hi, only just picked up this thread. Roanygirl, think I've guessed who you are, and my pic is your mare as a baby before she roaned out.
And as I used to own SS Smokin Jesse, think I also know who Perfect11's is now!
Good to know the QH enthusiasts are all on H&H forum.
Hi how are you? yes i think you guessed right :D

UnaB

Visit site
I love QHs!! I nearly bought a Paint from Canada as well lol.

Someone I used to work with breeds some lovely QHs. They imported a gorgeous chestnut stallion about a year ago called ZZ. I want him :D

hobo

Visit site
i don't have one but take an interest ever since we went to a horse sale in USA and there was nearly a punchup when they sold a horse and didn't mention it had Impressive blood lines didn't know what it ment at the time so found out. We have also noticed that anything with Smart in the name does very well.

Hen

Visit site
Apologies, peeps, I see that this is an 'older' thread - but major AQH enthusiast here!!

I have had the pleasure of owning three since discovering the breed in 2007 and am completely hooked:

The most wonderful go-anywhere Welsh-bred QH who was the reason I really got into Western and QHs - this is he, perhaps the best-minded most genuine horse I'll ever have owned - by Sedgehill Gold x Waccabuc Sioux:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3068644&l=e2dfee4368&id=647189327

Another sorrel pleasure-bred imported QH, this time by Zippo Pine Bar, highly talented horse who needed a non-show life:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5973472&l=bcf8ecd5bb&id=647189327

And my current mare who is just gorgeous in every way - both as a reiner and as a four-legged friend to hang out with - she's by Little Nic Tari (Reminic) x a Colonel Freckles mare:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5885094&l=cc190d28a0&id=647189327

Really good to come across other QH enthusiasts on this forum :)

Trufflepuff

New User
Visit site
Hello!!
Make yourself known to us!! Evans Quarter Horses here!! Just did a new website.. www.evansquarterhorses.co.uk
New pics and anyone wants a cd with hundreds of pics and video of ZZ Hoss and the others on, please email me and I'll post one out. Free!
Best wishes to all you QH owners out there. They are the best breed.
I do endurance on our cutting bred/trained/money earning mare by Haidas Little Pep. She is my little duracel battery, if only I had as much energy!! LOL!

TPO

Visit site
I lost my QH mare last year. She was Carryon Jaguars Lady (AQHA UK Supreme Halter Champ in 1994!) by Carryon Bonaza out of Lady Lisa; if I've remembered correctly.

I love your horses, one day I will finally buy one instead of just drooling over them!! Always had a soft spot for Muffin offspring and ZZ is just lovely; can't wait to see how his babies turn out :)

Last edited:

Fairynuff

Visit site
I have a 2008 filly by Justa Little Tangy out of a Shining Spark mare (Shining Lolita). She is called Lolita Little Tangy and is in training for next years Futurity. I have never met such w
onderful horses and only regret I have, is that I didn't 'discover' them a long long time ago!
11.jpg

22.jpg

Noon89

New User
Visit site
My horse is allegedly a QH cross TB, but all I have to back this up is an ancient Vaccs. sheet from when she was a baby. Apparently her original name was Ralwin Poteen :confused:

We are in Cambs.

I realise this post is super old but I've been doing some research for a family member and came across this forum. Ralwin Poteen is the offspring of zero depth charge and continental hope who was my mum's horse. Charger is of the depth charge bloodline and hopes grandfather was continental king. Original aqha bloodlines :)