any chance of a sharer this time of year? please help also in NL

Maddie2412

Visit site
so I think ive decided to look for a sharer as I just cant afford to keep my boy on full livery any more. He is such a poppet nicest natured chap who i hack all over the downs by myself or with people and he will do anything(sj xc or dr). annoyingly only time i can ride is weekends but i guess i would have to give up at least one day to a sharer to make the offer appealing but this is fine ideally just want someone to do ride him as much as possible during the week I think it would be ok where we are because have a lovely yard with great hacking however he can be a bit quirky sometimes is anyone out there looking for something like this before winter if so where is best place to start?? would only look for a reasonably small contribution to upkeep but market just seems so dead atm...?

Wigglypigs

Visit site
I think that you will find someone especially given the fact many people have had to give up their own horses due to finances. Personally I only now have one semi retired horse and would love something ridable for a few days a week, sadly you arnt near me. It's a pain, the logistics of finding the right person in the right area are a nightmare but if I were you I'd give it a try. Word of mouth at local yards and riding clubs often have a newsletter/website you could put an advert on?

Tempi

Visit site
What do you mean by quirky? What does he do? Is there any chance for someone to compete/have lessons etc or is it literally just riding? What sort of level is the horse at and what discpline/s does he do?

Only asking as on Monday i put an advert up (only on facebook!) with regards to my mare, i am looking for a share or possible full loan for her. Shes just had a foal, was weaned yesterday and is coming back into work mid October. Ive already got a ''wait'' list for her - Ive got two people who are interested in full loan and one person who wants to share and would contribute financially (a substantial sum as she is on full livery).

My mare has competed at Medium level, won at the BD Champs, has a lot of BD points but is eligible for downgrading, has won lots of money over the years, is 100% to school/hack (no jumping as she hates it!). Im also a trainer so i've offered a once a month lesson to whoever does have her (for free) plus ive got my own lorry so have said I will drive the right person to shows aswell or if they can drive a lorry they can use mine if they dont have their own transport.

Burnttoast

Visit site
I think it's worth looking for someone who can ride during the week to start with - you can always broaden your search if that doesn't work out. I ride my share during the week as I'm a freelance; his owner works normal hours so the weekend is her best time with him. There are a surprising number of people out there who can be flexible :)

Fairy Dust

Visit site
I have just had to advertise for a 2nd sharer as I'm off to Uni again soon and that way horse can be kept on full livery. It's not ideal having 2/3 people ride him but it's better than having to sell him!

My horse is stabled opposite Windsor Great Park so fab hacking, 5* facilities and we're in a good commute distance from London so I have literally been over-whelmed with calls (must have had about 20 enquiries!) and I am asking for quite a lot of money! I have found a great sharer in literally a week so they are out there. I think people may be looking to share/loan instead of buying atm as everything is so expensive in winter!

The horsetoloan website is great- I got all my responses through that :)

wednesdayadams

Visit site
Sorry to Hijack slightly Lydia

@Tempi and Fairy Dust what is your secret!? I am I guess looking for the same now (2 days or so) but stuck with where to advertise and lack of interest (or bad interest too in the past) no way am I up to a waiting list - I must say since one of my threads on HHO things are looking up but I still would love to be in your position(s)

Maddie2412

Visit site
well hes not bad quircky but just leaps around when you start to canter out hacking but in fact slowly getting it out his head... I consider myself a novice and im pretty confident on him. He hasnt done much and is old(17) but he has a go t everything you ask of him loves jumping and xc and i would be more than happy for a sharer to have lessons or compete him(when i feel they know him) but i cant finance entry or travel... please let me know if you know of anyone i know im biased but i think everyone needs a silly sully in their life!!!! :)