Any Cruising sons looking good to replace Himself breeding?

Lark

Visit site
Cruise On breeds eventers too.
Ollie T has a young stallion Honour Cruise who is very nice but unproven.

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
Can't believe Eothian has not been on this thread yet :D

A client of ours bred a wonderful filly out of his Cruise On mare, I like him, although would love to see him in the flesh as only seen photos and videos.

Simsar

Visit site
As Eothian doesn't seem to want to say much I will say for him.................

Cruisings Mickey Finn
Oldtown KC
Ringfort Cruise

Don't know how many of these are available in the US though.

Eothain

Visit site
I logged in to H&H for the first time in frickin' ages last night. Wasn't quite sure why I felt the need to log in. It must have been the Cruising radar kick in to overdrive!!! I got distracted though and never saw this thread. How terrible! I'm ashamed of myself. A failure in life and an embarrassment to my family.

Anyway, where were we? Oh yeah, Cruising!

If you want to go down the route of breeding Event horses with Cruising sons then I'd be suggesting you look toward horses like Cougar as you already mentioned, Bahrain Cruise and Cruising's Mickey Finn. There's a lot of thoroughbred in the damline of those horses so you'll be getting generous amounts of blood coming through there.

Flexible as a sire of Eventers? I don't know! I'll get back to you on that one. He definitely breeds in jump in the babies though. I've seen three young horses by him that most certainly knew how to leave the ground.

Sons of Cruising for Jumpers? I'd be steering you towards Oldtown KC, Beowulf and Ringfort Cruise in that case. Again, very good motherlines for producing jumpers. Oldtown KC's mother Oldtown Katie and her sister Oldtown Sarah were successful 1.50m competitors in their own rights and Oldtown Katie had the distinction of having two progeny compete in Lanaken this year. A six year old by Chippison and Oldtown KC himself in the seven year olds.
Ringfort Cruise is out of Renkum Woudina. Who needs no introduction really. We'd all like to have mares like her.
Beowulf not only competed Internationally himself with Shane Breen briefly and Neal Fearon but he's a full brother to the mare Teulada who was a very good International mare in her own right.
Add Flexible to this list. Apart from his own achievements, let's look at his family. Half brother to the very good Ramiro B sired stallion Samgemjee who looks to have a bright future ahead of him. Full brother to the 1.50m competitor Flexing who is the mother of a very promising 7 year old stallion by Vechta called Dilligaf.

Family, family, family!

Honourable mention to Cruise On who was never greatly supported at stud but has produced a 4* Eventer and a number of useful jumpers from a poor enough book of mares. Only in the last number of years did he get some decent mares to canoodle with. Cian O'Connor recently purchased a 5 year old mare by him who he has very high hopes for.

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
I logged in to H&H for the first time in frickin' ages last night. Wasn't quite sure why I felt the need to log in. It must have been the Cruising radar kick in to overdrive!!! I got distracted though and never saw this thread. How terrible! I'm ashamed of myself. A failure in life and an embarrassment to my family.

I hope you are hanging your head in shame this morning Eothian, I can't believe it took you so long to sniff this thread out, but better late than never, thankfully worth waiting for :D

Eothain

Visit site
Well ... I do love to talk about The Almighty!!!

Also, in response to the question asked in the thread title, there will never be a horse fit to replace him. He has good sons but there can only ever be one absolute very best of all time

wigum

Visit site
Well ... I do love to talk about The Almighty!!!

Also, in response to the question asked in the thread title, there will never be a horse fit to replace him. He has good sons but there can only ever be one absolute very best of all time

this site needs the like button

Nollaig Shona

Visit site

Quoted for truth - as the kids today like to say!

(Although I'll always have a soft spot for Boomerang ;) )