Any Foals yet?

dianchi

Visit site
No foal for me this year but i remember two years ago the waiting!

Just wondered if their are any early HHO foals?

mynutmeg

Visit site
We've 35 on the ground - things have slowed down a bit this last week or so though. 58 to go :)

Just a few then :D:D

Mine's not due until May 15th although vet says he reckons she'll foal on May 4th - he also says he thinks it's a colt so shall be interesting to see how right he is :D:D

Toraylac

Visit site
Mine's due 25th March but slight problem that we have unexpectedly sold our house and are due to move end of March beginning of April so need to send her away to foal soon as I don't have any stables (yet) at my new home. She is a maiden and has started bagging up so who knows when she will foal. ARRRGGGHHHH :D

Rollin

Visit site
We are STILL waiting for a pure bred CB. Covering date was 16th March. Rosemary is very grumpy as are hubby and I who have been on foal watch for a week.

Angela_Wise

Visit site
Bay Colt by Kings Composer out of a Couvers Diamond Boy mare 26th Jan
Coloured Colt by Kings Composer out of a retired hunt mare with no reg. breeding 15th Feb foaled for a client.
Bay Colt by Ninth House out of a Ricardo Z mare 18th Feb
Black to go grey Filly by Hallmark DS out of a Renkum Englishman mare 18th Feb
Early for the sports horse / show market

dianchi

Visit site
But not one piccy :(

Have to say it was made worse by the arrival of the AI package flyer with costs from my vets.
Id love another one!
But dippy TB was not a good mummy!

Spring Feather

Visit site
I don't do early foals. If my mares all run true to form our first one should be born at the end of April and the rest within days of that. My mares traditionally foal at between Day 328 and 334 so if they do what they've always done, within a week we should have them all on the ground. No picces from me either sorry.

Angela_Wise

Visit site
Well I have had a read, a fiddle and this is what I have come up with.

picture.php

Skittles - born 18th Feb photo at 10days. By Hallmark DS (ISH) out of Parkmore Coleen (Renkum Englishman/Clover Hill) Already found a new home - now just have to hope the boys do as well.

picture.php

Luger - born 26th Jan photo at 14days. By Kings Composer out of Marys Rose (Coevers Diamond Boy/Glacier Mint)

picture.php

Spike born 18th Feb photo at 10days old. By Ninth House (TB) out of Pinot Noir (Ricardo Z/Darco).

Last edited:

wynter

Visit site
2 mare's due, our Warmblood mare is due the 15th march but still no sign of bagging up yet and ID mare is anywhere between now and may time as the people we brought her from never wrote down any covering dates :rolleyes:
The ID has started bagging up a tiny bit but could have ages to go before she foals.

elijahasgal

Visit site
My sneaky little unexpected brat, that hid from the vet (and bloodtests) not once but TWICE could make an appearance any day, or not for another few weeks, but please not with the snow and mud about!!

Rollin

Visit site
2 mare's due, our Warmblood mare is due the 15th march but still no sign of bagging up yet and ID mare is anywhere between now and may time as the people we brought her from never wrote down any covering dates :rolleyes:
The ID has started bagging up a tiny bit but could have ages to go before she foals.

Was she covered in France? Is she registered on SIRE? If you don't get your paperwork right the foal will be ONC - unknown breeding, which will exclude her from most competitions in France unless you get a passport for her from mother stud book.

A friend of mine has a superb mare out of an Irish Sport Horse by a famous Trakener, the British breeders living in France, returned to the UK and left her with an ONC passport. A real tragedy.

Apologies if you already know all this!! If not please PM me if you need help. I hope you have a lovely foal.

wynter

Visit site
I all ready have registered them and the warmblood was done nearly 10 years ago and has already produced a 7 yr old graded SF filly we bred in France :D
The ID is done as well and her foal will be registered AES here anyway.