Any good waterproof warm exercise sheets that cover the riders legs as well?

paddi22

Visit site
Just looking for a rug I can throw on in a show warmup that will cover horses quarters and also my legs, I don't want one that goes under saddle. Something like a cheaper version of the pic attached
?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-03 at 17.16.02.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-03 at 17.16.02.png
    422 KB · Views: 14

paddi22

Visit site
oh that might work, was hoping to get cover for my own legs for awful days! but that looks like a handy one

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
It worries me what happens if you come off while using something like this, it looks easy to get caught up.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I usually have the sheet like that under the saddle flap, or under the stirrup leathers if it is a monoflap, but have on occasion put it over my legs.

It is a bit flappy for windy weather or fast work if it is not restrained under something, but if I had fallen off it would have just fallen with me. There is a fillet sting, but presumably that would come off as they are quite loose.

One thing, some have just Velcro and some have Velcro and a buckle, if it is over my legs I just do the Velcro - just in case!

I did see someone once selling a sort of apron, it went over the rider's legs and also protected the saddle. Can't find it now though.

This is how I have worn it, not done up in front of the horse like in the OP's first post! Mine is waterproof, but this is how it can be worn.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HKM-Cosy...391c32d5e:m:m4m37ABp93konJneQUaSn1A:rk:1:pf:0