Any idea what Breeding Sunny is?

Pidge

Visit site
[image]
July06013.jpg
[/image]
Now that Chris has started doing some showing classes with Sunny, Family horse/pony, cobs curlies and woolies etc we would really like to know what breed he is, has anyone got any ideas? His passport says Welsh Section D, but were not convinced! He's 14.3hh, traditional palamino, his legs are the same lenght as the depth of his body, so he's a stocky lad
tongue.gif

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
He looks like a Sect. D to me...........some are lighter weight than others and Sunny is obviously of the sturdier variety
blush.gif
, but yes, I wouldn't disagree with Section D.

He does have a look of Highland about him though, I take it his passport has no breeding details other than to say Sect. D?

Incidently he is about the same colour as another forum member's (Star) Section D.
cool.gif

Pidge

Visit site
thanks, some people had told us he couldn't be a Section D as he was too hairy? yes he is very sturdy but also very cute! Have had conversations with Star as her horse (who is also gorgeous) is the spit colour wise of Sunny, but not quite the same build!

L

lilym

a traditional cob cross of some sort, he's too heavy for a sec d and please don't take this the wrong way but his head is too common, he's a lovely sort though, and with that amount of feather you could show him in traditional cob classes, don't know how he'd fare against coloureds though....familiy horse or pony definatley, and working hunters if he will jump!! you should find plenty of classes for him at local level to have fun with good luck!

Patches

Visit site
His head isn't right to be a section D's. Too cob like, not refined enough (although he's a stunner so don't mean to cause offence). I've personally not seen a Section D so feathered as he is either, although that is not to say they can't be - just that I haven't seen one like him.

He could well be a Welsh X but with something much heavier. Build wise, he looks a bit like eohatson's (sp) horse and I'm sure he's a Highland. Short legs etc.

JAK

Visit site
I definitely think there is something other than sec D in his breeding but also think he is totally fab - a real old-fashioned type - & I don't mean that in a detrimental manner! LOL
Possibly some heavy horse in there somewhere, as his proportions are more akin to a draft horse in many ways!
smile.gif

Sunny is
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
!!!

Scarlett

Visit site
ooooooh... he has deffo got a bit of Highland in him... he is lovely...

I have a Highland gelding - wil pop a pic of him up and you will see the resemblance... especially in the head...

09072006096Small.jpg

eventrider23

Visit site
I'd say probably Sec D/Highland crossed Heavyweight cob. He has got too much bone and feathering to have a lot of welsh/highland as the feathering, head, etc are much more traditional cob than Mountain and Moorland.

Snowberry

Visit site
personally I think he looks like the 'traditional' section D - they used to be quite heavy. We've had a heavy one and a couple of finer section D's.

On his passport does it say who he is by??

Pidge

Visit site
Thanks for the lovely replies guys! I have to admit looking at the lovely Highland that he would seem to have some Highland in him as the head profile is so much like Sunny!
Oh boy does he jump - I don't think Chris had ever thought about working hunter classes before, would he not get penalised for not being a hunter type?
So bearing in mind he could well be a traditional Welsh Section D, especially bearing in mind he is a traditional palamino colour, or a highland/welsh what showing classes could Chris do with him?