Any ideas?! Clipping

Hannahgb

Visit site
Hello,

I have always had to have my 5yr old sedated for clipping. Normally 2 injections gets the whole coat off. Hes been improving each time.

Had the vet out today and my yard owner and her groom were going to clip him whilst I was at work. (I normally clip one half whilst she does the other).

She has just phoned to say he has had 4 injections of sedation and was still turning himself inside out, rearing, cow kicking, fly bucking. Obviously, she has had to stop for fear of her or the horse getting injured.

I now have half a clipped horse. Any ideas on what I can use to get the rest off?!

He is fine with the clippers running over him when they are off. Fine with the noise when they are not touching him. Obviously I plan to work to sort this out- but in the short term he looks like a rat has chewed him!!!

Carlosmum

Visit site
Can you use trimmers on him? I have to clip the pony with trimmers as he wont tolerate the noise of the big clippers. It may help you tidy up the rough bits.

PorkChop

Visit site
Just a thought - are the clippers you use the ones that blow air over the top to cool them? If so, it might be worth trying a pair that don't.