Any ideas hows to fake a forelock?

hayinamanger

Visit site
Local show coming up, I'd like to show my PB Dales in the M&M class, but his forelock is really quite short, it never seems to grow beyond the length it's at (about 4")

I was wondering how I could attach/plait in some hair from his tail, have any of you done this?

Thanks in advance.

be positive

Visit site
It should be easy enough to attach some hair to the headpiece of his bridle so it hangs down between his ears without looking too obvious, but if he is only part bred he should not really be doing M&M classes anyway.

diamonddogs

Visit site
It should be easy enough to attach some hair to the headpiece of his bridle so it hangs down between his ears without looking too obvious...

Yes, this would work. You could try hair extensions which could be glued to the headpiece, or you could make your own by glueing tail hair on to some ribbon and attaching to the inside of the headpiece with double sided tape.

If the forelock is quite thick you'd probably need to thin it a bit at the ends so it would blend in better.

Has he been marked down for a short forelock? If not I don't think I'd bother tbh.