Any ideas regarding lameness.

Brandylion

Visit site
My 4 year old has gone lame. the vet will be called Tuesday ( due to bank holiday ) . When in a straight line he is stepping short on both the near fore and near hind . On the lunge on the left rein it’s a lot more obvious I would say 3/10ths lame . Farrier has been and checked feet and ruled out lami . There is no heat no swelling no injury . He is currently on box rest till he has been seen by the vet . Has anyone experienced anything like this before . Any advice or tips would be appreciated and thanks in advance

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Maybe he has had a fall in the field and landed on one side so it's all sore? Bit of a difficult one really hope it's nothing serious good luck for tomorrow, one of mine is going for a lameness work up tomorrow at the vets flipping horse eh!

Orchard14

Visit site
Oh dear - it really could be all manner of things. Hopefully your vet will be able to figure it out. One of my 3yo's went lame infront with no heat, swelling, injury or anything and seemed to happen overnight. After lameness workups, nerve blocks, x-ray's and an MRI turned out she had damage to a ligament in her DIP joint and was on box rest for 4 months with just 40% chance of ever coming sound again - thankfully we caught it early before more damage took place and she is perfectly sound now. Good luck OP and also to you Pinkvboots

Brandylion

Visit site
I have ran him out this morning and there has been a dramatic improvement I can’t believe it so planning on a few more days rest and try again . He was about half a tenth lame . So will give him a few more days and reassess. Before I call the vet and strangely enough one of his tiny splints appears to have disappeared so possibly connected to that