Any ideas

Halfstep

Visit site
Horse was stupid in the field on Friday and came in very lame on off fore. No heat, no swelling, nothing obvious. Since then he's been in the stable and the lameness has improved - sound in walk. However he is still lame in trot. Still nothing to feel on the leg. Have now booked vet, but wondered if anyone has any ideas? Horse has been in work for a grand total of one month after recovering from another injury to the other front leg.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

mollymurphy

Visit site
Sounds like Molly! Vet reckons soft tissue damage within the foot. Xrays & scans showed nothing. It's been nearly 5 months now.
frown.gif
She's improved A LOT, but is still not quite right in trot. Vet is giving us until 6 months to get sound, then she'll be off for an MRI if not.
frown.gif
She was boxrested for a couple of months, then been on small-pen turnout since. Also ridden every day in walk for 20-30 minutes. Apparently soft tissue injuries just take ages to heal.
frown.gif

Hope yours is something less of a pain-in-the-bum!!
crazy.gif

Lou. x

Guinness

Visit site
Not sure if this helps but my horse slipped in the field and came in lame, I couldnt find any heat/swelling but was very lame so got the vet out and he noticed immediately that his stifle area was slightly swollen. I was obviously looking in the wrong place!

RubyR

Visit site
This sounds just like the lameness my horse has at the moment. He's been in work with me for 3 weeks and was sound and then went lame - no heat and no swelling. I put him on box rest for a week and he has improved but still not 100%. He is going in to the vets this week for a better look. Hopefully, I'll know more on Wednesday!