Any ideas?

imyourstalker

www.myspace.com
I think Henry has hayfever, or allergies. His eyes are watering a lot and his nose is dripping. Glands are not up. It is driving him mental!

Do any of yours have this and if so, what have you given them to help it? At the moment I'm not giving him anything, and I feel so bad for him as I know how annoying it is to have hayfever!
frown.gif

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
One of the horses on our yard takes piriton all summer (on vets advice) for exactly the same thing.
This seems to do the trick but costs his owner a fortune and she has to buy all over the place to get the amount she needs!

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Does he have a dry cough too e&h? My ned suffers from a mild allergy to tree pollen. 2 years ago I discussed with my vets whether to go the full investigation route which would have involved endoscopy, lung flush and who knows what else. Because he wasn't that distressed by it, ie breathing/ridden work not affected at all, we decided not to go down the invasive testing route. He had a short course of antibiotics, just to make sure it wasn't a chest infection but nothing beyond that.

imyourstalker

www.myspace.com
Thank you all for your advice. Havent been on so have only just looked.

Box_Of_Frogs - no cough at all, just sneezing or blowing out through his nose (whatever its called) and watery eyes.

Touch wood it seems to be getting better over this weekend, but he has rubbed a bald patch on his face where there was a horse bite, but not sure wether that is from the runny eyes or the scab healing and itching. I will monitor it tomorrow and will give the vet a ring on Tuesday morning and see what they say.

Thank you x x