any miracle cures for bald patches?

4whitesocks

Visit site
I know there's another post on this in here but my bald patches are rider & rug inflicted! Sid has them behind the girth from my leg & one on his chest from a rug....does anyone know any products that might help hair regrowth?

Loupride

s25.photobucket.com
I found Aloe Vera Gel very good for this type of thing and I also use a product called EquiHeel. It is made by a company in Wexford and can be used to treat ANY sort of skin complaint as well as protecting against cracked heels and mud fever. I find it is great for getting hair to grow back quickly
grin.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
Brilliant - thanks folks! Have already started using spurs (only last week) and have everyone watching me to make sure I'm stiller with my lower leg - he's much more forward as a resyult so less nagging but am still mortified over the bald bits!
Lou where do you buy equiheel?

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Next time you clip him, you could try leaving a patch where his side have rubbed (my friend leaves a square now as her legs rubbed her boy raw the delicate little sole!!!).

A bib would protect his chest in the future.

Loupride

s25.photobucket.com
I have previously ordered online here Equiheel but I was also talking to the guys who make it at Dublin this year and they are currently starting to release it on the general market so hopefully it will be in the tackshops soon!

I really do rate it
grin.gif

Peanot

Visit site
Not tried it but there is some stuff on ebay from America that is claiming to make hair grow back quickly.
As for the shoulders, the bossys bib claims to let hair grow back when wearing even when it is bald!
I have one on my mare as rub patches started to appear. They haven`t got any worse and the hair seems to be growing, so it must be working, as when I am riding, they are no longer visible on the camcorder.
I also get these rub marks where my legs go but I don`t think that I nag her! She gets them every year even though last year, I bought leather chaps to help. They aren`t bald but a different colour where it has rubbed slightly but now her coat has grown again since the clip, so they are a dark brown colour where everywhere else it is a lighter brown. I know what I mean.
tongue.gif

hairycob

Visit site
Pickle had 2 rug inflicted bald spots on her chest last year & a Bossy's bib did the trick. No bald patches on her this yaer. Now I need to buy another one, though, so I can wash the first one.

4whitesocks

Visit site
Came out of the horse shop yesterday €100 less well off but got the cornucrescine, hibiscrub & mud fever barrier stuff for his scabby bits between his front legs & new sponges so I can keep them seperate - then also managed to pick up some shampoo....a pair of gloves (??)...and lots of other stuff I might need some day - will keep you posted as to how it works thanks again

Tempi

Visit site
imo shoulder guards are useless and actally make the rubbing worse (found from lots of previous experience with them). I also see no harm in riding the horse, its only got a bald patch, its not bleeding or an open wound is it??!!

You see lots of horses this time of year with slightly bald shoulders and slighty bald patches behind the girth area, its not going to kill them and imo nothing to worry about. the hair will grow back of its own accord.

Fiona

Visit site
Do you use a rug with a nylon lining? I have never experienced rubbed shoulders since starting to use rambo rugs a few years ago, but lots of companies use nylon lining now.
Fiona