Any model horse fans? Need your help!

Shadowdancing

Visit site
Maybe a long shot but I used to be very involved in the model horse hobby- memberships etc. Even showed! I had a horrible accident where my artists resins shelf collapsed and all my horses were broken. I'm now hoping to sell some models to get my favourites repaired but don't know where to start. Any model enthusiasts here who can point me to useful sites? Thank you!

Leo Walker

Visit site
I do :) I can do repairs, but it not really my thing. I can recommend a couple of other people who do enjoy it and do very good quality work at a very reasonable price. If your looking to sell there are 3 Facebook groups but they all only have a few hundred members, I'd put them on ebay with international postage and on MHSP. The market for resins etc is in America. Saying that I just sold all y resin bodies via the groups and ebay but I didnt sell them for very much, so it depends what you have and what you want for them.

Feel free to drop me a PM :)

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
Repairing them and painting them is not too difficult, but selling them is tricky, postage is about £3.00 and you need to pack them well. By the time you pay fees on Ebay, you will be lucky to clear a tenner per Breyer [minor] damaged horse. Can't you repair them yourself?

Leo Walker

Visit site
Artists resins are a different league to Breyers and repairing them is an art form in itself. I sold an old, not popular lightly damaged one for £50 last week and that was mates rates to a friend. AR can be in the thousands!

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
Loctite super glue is £3.50 and Apoxie Sculpt is about £20 though I have never been successful with major repairs. Painting is fun, I use 800 grit wet and dry, Hycote primer, vallejo acrylic gloss medium to dilute the vallegro colour paint, and a pack of half decent brushes. I prefer grey horses, then you only need white, black, a dash of red brown. I just keep burnishing coats with 1200 wet and dry or denim/scrim.