Any pictures of Haflinger x ID?

Nasicus

Visit site
Just idly wondering if anyone has any pictures of any Halflinger x Irish Draughts they might share?

I'm trying to roughly imagine what my filly will look like when grown, but I just can't picture it, so I thought some existing photos could give me an idea of the build I could one day be sitting on :D

Google hasn't been much help so far, but then I am awful at identifying breeds by eye, especially crosses lol :)

Nasicus

Visit site
Sure! :)

She's 9 months now, here she was, a few weeks ago:
ckKqoCz.jpg

And here she was earlier this week, looking like a complete muck monster and calling to her friends haha:

P1EkHZ5.jpg

Last edited:

Nasicus

Visit site
What exactly is her breeding? As she's obviously not just Haflinger x ID? She's cute!

Goodness, I wouldn't know! I have seen mum and dad, mum a Haflinger and dad an Irish Draught (as far as I can tell). Her passport is quite basic so no help there lol :)

What do you think could be in there?

MasterBenedict

Visit site
Goodness, I wouldn't know! I have seen mum and dad, mum a Haflinger and dad an Irish Draught (as far as I can tell). Her passport is quite basic so no help there lol :)

What do you think could be in there?

Well neither of those breeds carries the genes for producing a coloured foal so there must be something else in there! I would definitely agree with the Haffy, she has a cute Haffy head. But I personally don't see any ID in there. At a guess I might say some coloured cob or standard bred in there somewhere.

be positive

Visit site
A Haflinger x ID will have no genes to produce a coloured foal, possibly ISH rather than ID.

She has a very kind eye which I like to see but is going to take a lot of work to keep clean!!

Cross posted, the stallion looks to be a coloured cob type, possibly with some ID in him but certainly not pure ID.

Last edited:

Nasicus

Visit site
A Haflinger x ID will have no genes to produce a coloured foal, possibly ISH rather than ID.

She has a very kind eye which I like to see but is going to take a lot of work to keep clean!!

Interesting, that certainly does throw into question what she has in her blood!

What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment, my last mare was a coloured Irish Cob, or should we say, 'not very coloured' as she only had a few scant patched of black on her, the rest was all white (including the tail! And we're on orange clay soil eek!)

Edit re be positives edit:

I can certainly see coloured cob in him! Which isn't a problem as I love my cobs! :)

Nasicus

Visit site
If that is dad in the photo he is not ID he is a coloured cob

You know, the minute I dug that photo out, I was like 'hang on a second... Looks cobby to me!', but I figured I'd post anyway as like I said, I am terrible at ID'ing breeds lol!

So looks like I might have a Halfinger x Cob afterall! Would explain the feathering going up to the knee lol! :D

Maddie12321

New User
Visit site
Just idly wondering if anyone has any pictures of any Halflinger x Irish Draughts they might share?

I'm trying to roughly imagine what my filly will look like when grown, but I just can't picture it, so I thought some existing photos could give me an idea of the build I could one day be sitting on :D

Google hasn't been much help so far, but then I am awful at identifying breeds by eye, especially crosses lol :)
We have a haflinger x gypsy piebald if that helps??