Any recommendations for trainers in Surrey welcomed...

KoKohorse

Visit site
Hello,

as per the title really... I have new and very lovely 4 yo TB mare and after six weeks of hacking and some very light schooling I feel we are now ready to take it up a level (gently :eek: ) and i'd like someone to nudge us / drag us along in the right direction!

Our aim is to do some BE80s / 90s next season but at the moment I'd like to get the flatwork foundations firmly established.

It would have to be someone who will travel to us (SE Guildford) and prefer positive can do people rather than don't do that sorts...Also it would be only us so trainers that can only do bulk sessions grouped together probably wouldn't work.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much x

Scarlett

Visit site
I'm in your area and would highly recommend Tarrsteps from on here, been having lessons with her on my TBs for a couple of years and have thoroughly enjoyed it and learned loads! :)

RobinHood

Visit site
On the flatwork side I'd very highly recommend Andrew Murphy. Unless he goes to others in your area you'd struggle to get him to come to you, but as you are so close to the TTT you could join and have lessons with him or Alex Cookson is also fab.

misst

Visit site
Well after today another vote for Tarrsteps:D. She did some groundwork and solving loading issues with our 3yo TB. Great lady, so calm and knowledgable.
Looking forward to next time with her already.:)

Gucci_b

Visit site
Eloise Webb from Merrist wood is a BHSI Instructor, and helps a number of riders both on the flat and jumping, she helps at all levels and simplifys what it is you are trying to achieve, she is also a credited B.E coach. You can either have a group lesson at merrist wood or she also travels to your yard
http://www.elmequestrian.co.uk/
07702 665553

KoKohorse

Visit site
Thanks so much for all the suggestions everyone. It's really very much appreciated.

I'm going to look into all the options suggested and hopefully I will be posting some pics of us enjoying going out and about very soon!

Farma

Visit site
On the flatwork side I'd very highly recommend Andrew Murphy. Unless he goes to others in your area you'd struggle to get him to come to you, but as you are so close to the TTT you could join and have lessons with him or Alex Cookson is also fab.

I second this!

mybutterfly

Visit site
I can recommend Robert Stevens, he's moved out of the area but he comes down to teach regularly so worth a call as he's very experienced with young horses and great at giving confidence to get you out there competing! His number is 07973428201.

KoKohorse

Visit site
I second this!

Farma / Robinhood - thanks for the recommendations.

Regarding the TTT; do they accommodate very novice horses? I wasn't too sure if it looked like something that we would benefit from now or once we are slightly more established? (we are still at the stage where we are rather unsightly and in some respect speed is somewhat required for balance)

paddy

Visit site
Bertil Voss BHSI - he's up with us (near Godalming) every couple of weeks and teaches a few others in the area too. Fabulous trainer who doesn't discriminate between my middle aged IDx and my OH's recently backed well bred Hannovarian. Trained with the likes of Klimke. Trains up to and including Grand Prix. Incredbily positive and encouraging but also pushes you to achieve perfection (my legs still don't believe where he wants them to end up, but we're working on it week by week).

Also: Hinda Inglis, Tracey Lawson, Debbie Moore

giveitago

Visit site
Sally Ede, based in cranleigh, travels all over. Positve, can do attitude and happy to start at the very beginning or do huge jumping sessions.