Any riding in Leigh on Sea?

Vindaloo

Visit site
So we are back in the UK following a four year stint living in India.

Looks likely that we are moving to Leigh on Sea in Essex. Are there any yards in the area?

I'd like to get back in the saddle at some point, maybe even buy another horse (bit wary following the loss of my dear Casper).

Be nice to know that there is a horsey community locally?

Thanks. V.

fairyclare

Visit site
Hello!!

There are a reasonable amount of years in the area - Belfairs riding school does hacks in Belfairs woods. There is a new yard opened up in Thunderseley called Braeside, further afield, Southend way there is Shopland hall, the opposite way in Runningwell is Runningwell EC.

It is quite a horsey area - I live, and keep both my 2 on Canvey Island.

Vindaloo

Visit site
Hi FC, thanks for replying. That's good to know, my house will back onto Belfairs wood so hopefully I'll be in a good location.

Great, looking forward to getting my horse fix back up and running. Its been too long

acorn92x

Visit site
Yes there are plenty. Shopland Hall was where I started riding many, many years ago now! There is also Belfairs riding school and I believe there is another riding school in Barling (Just past Shopland Hall). There are countless amounts of stables in the Rochford/Eastwood/Belfairs/Wakering/Barling areas so if you were experienced, I'm sure you'd have no problem finding something nice to loan or share etc :)

Best of luck! I lived near Leigh for many years and it's a lovely area.