Any show judges on here? i need a bit of advice please.

bensababy

Visit site
If there are any show judges on here, can you PM me please, i would like an opinion on a showing issue. Thanks,
smile.gif

bensababy

Visit site
Well i cant load a picture up on here as photobucket doesnt work at work. Basically my pony has a calcium growth under his eye (small lump) and i used to show him successfully before this developed, before i gave up showing him a judge marked him down for this in a M&M class, just wanted opinions on whether this would be quite a common theme. Thanks,
smile.gif

RedAdair

s630.photobucket.com
What classes do you do/ did you do?
No horse is 100% perfect. Often judges don't see what is in front of them (i'll get my hard hat now). If you are in ridden classes then I would have thought they would be more likely to overlook it/ downplay it in their overall opinion if the ride is good. Inhand I guess they may pay more attention. My cob has thoroughpins and some judges hate them and put him down others don't seem to mind too much if he gives a good ride and nice gallop. It is all personal opinion with showing, which can be quite annoying sometimes, but we all enter knowing this.
Obviously I can't really comment as I am not a judge, but if I were and horse was nicely put together and went nicely I would overlook a small blemish over another that has poor confirmation and/or misbehaves.
Good luck whatever you decide to do, fingers crossed there are some judges on here that can give you a more qualified response.