Any suggestions?

huskimo12

Visit site
My mare is recovering froma virus but still seems run down and has just picked up a cough from the other horses on the yard. She has been blood tested etc and teh vets say that she is recovering any suggestions on anything i can do to help speed up or support her recovery.
She is on echinechea (sorry cant spell
confused.gif
) and Top Spec so she is getting her vits & minerals etc

Thanks x

pocomoto

Visit site
If she has been on antibiotics, a probiotic in the feed would not go amiss especially at this time of year.

Personally I use for me the dogs and the horses, Citricidal tablets, have not had a cold in 2 yrs on this stuff, and have used it myself instead of antibiotics on a tooth abscess. I have also used it successfully instead of antibiotics with a foot abscess on a horse.

It is an extract of grapefruit seeds and is a natural anti viral and antibiotic, recommended to me by a chiropractor years ago when if someone sniffed I got it! Now if i get a sore throat or if anyone has a cold I take 2 tabs and presto! Did wonders for my sickness record!!!

It comes in liquid form (very bitter), the horses will eat this, but to me it tastes disgusting, but I go for the tablet form! Google it if you are interested. I think it's about £10 for 100 x 100mg tablets.