any supplements - options please

mavandkaz

Visit site
so have had my new horse for 6 weeks now, he is a 16HH 7yr old TB, in work about 6 days a week.
Unfortunately he has started headshaking since moving here so am presuming he has a pollen allergy. Because of this I started him on Pollenex and magnesium which is mixed into a small amount of Dengie molasses free, and cool mix. He also suffers badly from the flies so have started him on Global Herbs fly free which seems to be helping.
my problem is that his head shaking, although improved is still pretty bad at times so have been trying him on antihistamine (he has been off pollenex for this time as I ran out, but want to put him back on it as his head shaking has improved whilst out hacking but he is snorting a lot in the school - dust? which he wasn't doing on pollenex, so want to try both together)
I am also aware that he has typical TB feet and want to give him something extra for his joints as his work load increases.

I am aware that is a lot of supplements and was looking for recommendations of feed that would help so I am not having to add lots off individual things to his feed. I have always had very good doers that lived off of grass and hay, so I don't have a lot of experience with hard feed.
He doesn't need any energy from his feed, he is already starting to get more forward then I would ideally like as he is settling in and getting fitter.

any thoughts?

JenHunt

Visit site
speak to the guys at Hack Up Bespoke. They will be able to help you! We feed a bespoke joint supplement to both our boys, and a supplement to help wih Ron's itchy skin and sensitive nose.... it's worked wonders and works out so much better value than anything else we've tried!

mavandkaz

Visit site
an interesting read.
unfortunately it is not possible to take my horse off of grass, but will give adding salt a try. there is certainly a lot of clover in his field.

mavandkaz

Visit site
Yep, have tried a nose net, and a fly veil. Unfortunately he doesn't like anything on his face or ears. Have taken a break from wearing them for a bit but am starting to reintroduce them, and he is now a bit more accepting but seems to throw his head around just as much if not more to try and get it off. He is the same with a fly mask, and even boots. He's a bit of a sensitive chap