Any thoughts on Sam R ?

Asha

Visit site
im looking to breed 1 last foal off my mare, and have got it down to 2 stallions.

So far im leaning towards Sam R, but just wondered if anyone had any of his offspring ?

Anyone know anything about him, temperament, rideability , offspring results etc

Thanks

JVB

Visit site
I met him last year at Twemlows and he is a very nice gentleman in the flesh, my mare had been proving bit tricky to get in foal and we were running out of time for my stallion of choice (german breeding season) so I went to look at him as we could have gone for fresh, he's a lovely big hunk of muscle and I would have been tempted, seemed really calm and of a sweet disposition.

Asha

Visit site
Thats where i saw him yesterday. Hadnt really gone to see him. I was interested in jaguar mail, Je taime flamenco and Zanzibar.

But when they brought Sam R out, i was really impressed, he was just what i had in mind, a TB type for jumping.

I bred my mare to zanzibar 6 years ago, and everyone loves my boy, family want another one. But having seen Sam R, its a tough call.
i know what i will get with another zanzi.

But struggling to find anything about Sam R. Glad you like him, and its not just me thinking hes lovely.

HBM1

Visit site
I had a gorgeous mare by Sam R, I have only just sold her and she has bred some stunning foals. I like the lineage and her temperament was second to none. Her new owner wants to put her to a beautiful and talented Connemara eventer, so I am looking forward to seeing that foal.

Asha

Visit site
Thats great to hear HBM1. Temperament is key to me as its a family affair !

sounds a lovely mix, i adore connemaras