Anybody else having trouble selling?

CharlieB_87

www.equisales.co.uk
Is it me does the market seem to be dead at the moment?
I've had movely mare (in sig)advertised for 3 weeks now and the interest has been shocking.The only people who contact me want her on loan and i can't really trust to loan again and feel i could find her a better home if i sold her.
I thought she was pretty marketable - 16.1hh 8yr old Mare.Excellent bloodlines.£60 BSJA .Safe and sane - a real quality horse that isn't going to threaten to kill you but the market just seems totally dead.
I'm willing to drop the price to around the £3000 mark just to find the perfect home for her as i'm not worried about the money (as nice as it would be.)

Sorry - just a grumble .The pressure and stress of selling when there's a time limit involve(before Uni) is really mounting up.
If anybody know's anybody looking for a quality allrounder be sure to let them know :p

Charlieeee Xx

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
If you don't want to loan her, why do you say in your sig that she is for loan?
I agree about the market being slow. We have a couple of really nice horses for sale at the mo and have had some interest, but not as much as we would have expected. I think that August is not a great month to sell. Presumably loads of people about to go to uni are selling horses, and all the buyers are on holiday and broke. I am sure you will sell her soon as she seems a very nice sort - good price as well.
Good luck.

spaniel

Visit site
It may also be soemthing to do with the ridiculous prices (not directed at youbtw) that people have been asking for recently.

I have been checking the market for a few months now as Im looking to buy in the autumn and prices were suddenly hiked up by about 2k over the last couple of months. Im lucky in that I have a decent sized budget but even I wouldnt buy now...theres sensible money then theres silly money.

eventergirl2

Visit site
I could offer her a nice home
smile.gif
and i'm experienced have had a horse on loan before.
I am looking with a view to buy.
Hope you don't mind just a thought.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Market is totally dead at the mo!!!

We have a 15hh 8yo mare, good allrounder, nothing phases her, good to hack out etc for £2,300ono.

She has been up for sale for 7 months
shocked.gif

We get a few people phone here and there but nothing comes of it, then when we do get someone wanting to come and see her she injures herself and we never hear from them again
mad.gif

A few of my friends are also selling and there horses have been up for about 6 months
shocked.gif

tori252

Visit site
I've got a 15'2 MW cob type allrounder for sale, and still no joy! It's doing my head in as desperatly can't afford to keep him anymore and am at my wits end.....

OWLIE185

Visit site
People away on holiday, horses being dumped on the market because kids are of to Uni, parents making cut backs because of interest and fuel price increases and the equine market has become over heated. Drop the asking price - sell as soon as possible as by this Winter prices will have shot down and the cost of keeping them gone up.

seaofdreams

Visit site
yes i have a fantastic competition pony, not asking a great deal for her as she was my teenage brothers and he has COMPLETLEY outgrown her !!!! and so im keeping her going for him but i don't have time to compete her, its a shame if i didn't have mouse i would keep her for myself as she is really talented, we have advertised her everywere and a few phone calls but thats it.