anybody live in or near southampton??

haybales

Visit site
need to pick your brains a bit!
smile.gif

haybales

Visit site
i need to know which hunts are within about 30minutes of southampton! ive found a load in hampshire but have no idea where they are in relation to southampton (not too geography minded!
grin.gif
)

all help would be very gratefully received!
smile.gif

scrat

Visit site
Which side of Southampton do you live, east or west? I'm east and it takes me about 20 minutes using M27 to get to New Forest outskirts. I'm thinking New Forest Hounds although depends where they are meeting.

scrat

Visit site
You're kind of central. I think from where you are the New Forest may be nearer and easier to get to, thats of course depending on the motorway and how busy it is.

Faithkat

Visit site
Definitely NF but you could also get to Hampshire Hunt and Hursley Hambledon from where you are. However, the NF is the only hunt that publicises its meets (see website: www.newforesthounds.co.uk/. They don't publish the list of meets until shortly before the opening meet which will probably be something like 4th November. You would have to phone the secretaries of the others and they can be a bit twitchy about divulging the whereabouts of their meets. You might well have to get someone to vouch for you!

burtie

Visit site
Hi Forester,

the NF Meet list is up at my stables already, won't publish on here if not on website yet, but I'm sure it starts beginning October, I'll check tomorrow!