Anyone been to Burgie???

punk

Visit site
Just wondering how it all went? Have checked the scores and it loks like the 2* SJ caused a fair amount of trouble!!
What happened to Ruth?!
blush.gif

Also there seemed to be alot of trouble in the CCI 1* as well, and a lot of withdrawals after X-C.

Just nosey really, but would love to hear a report!!!!
grin.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
I wasnt at Burgie this year but in previous years the SJ causes troubles as the course builder uses the arena to the maximum. He often builds related distances up and down the slopes in the arena.

Didnt see the XC but it all depends on how fit they got the horses as those hills are real hills and you really do need a fit horse to get round safe and still be sound for SJ.

kirstyfk

Visit site
Burgie went really well this year. I was jump judging today for the one days so didn't see the SJ. But the course builder is excellent and it looks like his courses produced good results. After a rain at the beginning of the week today and yesterday we had really good weather. (I resemble a lobster!) It was mentioned that the 1 star XC was a bit soft, but the 2 star the faults were across the board and generally rode well. The ones day went well as well.

If you are wondering why so many people got eliminated on the steeplechase in the Taster it is because they went inside of the railings! I don't think jump judging on the chase has ever been so interested.

All in all a very good Burgie (but I'm pleased it is now over
tongue.gif
)

suzysparkle

Visit site
Yes, I was there all day yesterday jump judging. A few very rude riders but a good day. The time was hard to get in the 2*. A few Horses looking tired but the ground was superb. SJ really influential yes. Colin is a great course builder....I have lessons with him and he says he always asks questions at Burgie. There was no bogey fence as such.
Ruth I think had a bad fall recently (???) and she retired in the SJ. Had a stop (got in too close to the fence) and she then retired. Looked like she was in a lot of pain when she dismounted. Felt really sorry for her.

clairel

Visit site
Have to say from the results the 1* looked a bit soft, but then I suppose it is difficult to get it right?!
The 2* seemed to cause a lot of Eliminations!

Glad it went well though!
Did you see the HHO road-trippers toto?