Anyone bored? need a quest? Traveling in Scotland! (also in CR)

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
Hello all

My husband wanted us to hire a campervan this summer (2 weeks) to go touring around Scotland (Aberdeenshire/inverness area) with our two dogs to see places and also do a bit of walking to get the dogs out and about (we tend to only walk half days or multiple short walks rather than hiking up munroe's!)

Anyway, it turns out that the campervan hire is very expensive so we are now looking into the possibility of touring with our 7.5t horsebox (which I think is cool but possibly problematic)

We would remove the partitions, carpet the horse end and make it the dog den! All the food for the week could live in tack lockers, however we would need to get some replenishments during our fortnight away.

My quest is:

Can you find anywhere that we could go with the lorry, do you think we would need to borrow a scooter to obtain supplies or can you create a plan that would incorporate that? where could we park at night (would also need somewhere to refill the water tank)

Do you think its a daft idea??

Any help/advice/plans would be very gratefully received :)

the time we plan to go is Sept

:D

blueblonde123

Visit site
Hello, my parents have a shop in Ullapool and each week they get a delivery in a MASSIVE lorry - this thing makes a 7.5 ton horsebox look like a minibus and it delivers even further north.
They also said that the campsite here (and I'm assuming this applies to lots of other campsites) caters for campervans and some of these are really big.
I'm not sure if this is helpful, but it's such a beautiful area and I'm sure you and the doggies would love it if you could visit!

Merrymoles

Visit site
I'll second Ullapool! The campsite is very relaxed and if you are worried about being allowed on, ring them before you go. There is a music festival in September when they are closed for a weekend so you might need to check that anyway. We've taken our tatty old caravan and up to four Border Collies there lots of times and it's fab. The scenery is to die for and there's plenty of walking and lots to do. Our old collie was always fascinated by the massive grey seals that pop up in the harbour.

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
I know someone who uses her MASSIVE horsebox as a caravan and they go travelling from her base just outside Aberdeen all round the country in it.

Don't forget the American market is massive in Scotland and they often have the big camper vans to tour the country with! Plan your journey well in advance, call all these places up and take bikes with you. You'll have a wonderful time!

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
Well if you are coming to Inverness give me a shout, I have a hose!!!! :p;):p;):p:D:D:D:D:D

LOL!

Thanks everyone - will def call camp sites. hubby and I stayed at the ceilidh place in ullapool a few years ago when we were driving around with the dogs - I think he'd love to go back so will def put that on the list.

could start the hols heading up to aberdeenshire then over to ullapool before heading home :D

thanks kirsty kate - might have to take you up on it :p :p!