Anyone buying....

noodle_

Visit site
a foal this season???

I know its not quite foaling time yet.... but ive had (yet again) another mooch at some breeders/babies due :eek: - im really enjoying owning a baby (whos now rising 3 :( )- even though everyone said i wont have time etc and they are hastle - ! totally wrong...!

Anyone else planing on buying this year?/on weaning? if so - what!?...... breeds/type!?

Crazycob06

Visit site
I have been looking a lot lately! :rolleyes:
I don't have the experience for a baby though but the thought is nice!
It is my dream to have one from the very beginning to the very end!
We might actually have a baby tink in a couple of years! Would be fantastic!

noodle_

Visit site
ive never had a baby! made some stupid mistakes and learnt the hard way - one being some fantastically bruised ribs, but its a learning curve :)

i actually dont miss riding as much as i though as i know in another 18 months i can ride mine so all worth the hard work put in....its more rewarding!

only way to learn is to have a youngster....!! ;)

Crazycob06

Visit site
ive never had a baby! made some stupid mistakes and learnt the hard way - one being some fantastically bruised ribs, but its a learning curve :)

i actually dont miss riding as much as i though as i know in another 18 months i can ride mine so all worth the hard work put in....its more rewarding!

only way to learn is to have a youngster....!! ;)

See if I breed from my mare I won't be able to ride her or then baby when it arrives (obviously! Lol!) but I'm sure is rewarding! Such an exciting thought! I would just have to hop on my friends every so often! ;)
I may just go for it one year! :p

gadetra

Visit site
I'm only breeding one mare a year now. Have Superfoal at the minute, he was a late foal (August) so his sale date hangs in the balance. I have a thread in Breeding about his future! and then will be sending Supermare (his dam) to either Pointiliste or Jackaroo. She is bred in the purple for eventing, so I am going Tb or near inspite of the fact that TB sired foals make the least at the sales!!
Here is my thread on the little scamp's development:
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=599499

Last edited:

noodle_

Visit site
ohhh CC - i meant BUY one :D..... thats what im looking at - my mare isnt old enough to breed - i want to buy one :D

looking at breeds i cannot afford as 2/3 year olds!!.... andalusians/wb's etc...but tbh i wouldt want to buy as older :)

but defo go for it :D

Goldenstar

Visit site
It's in my mind , could bring her on to relpace fatty my OH's lovely horse when he's older then when she's a bit older we could do babies again as they really sought after nice ID's.
But I am enjoying have four not five horses so I am torn.
You of course must buy one.

noodle_

Visit site
you have a plan though...which means its a serious contender?!

i know what you mean though 4 not 5!.... but its manageable :)

im looking !!!.... :D