Anyone considering clipping yet?

alexomahony

Visit site
As the title really!

Grooming my connie tonight and he is becoming quite fluffy quite quickly! Tempted to have him clipped before Frickley ?‍♀️

Never had to consider it so early before!

WelshHoarder

Visit site
Glad I’m not losing the plot - noticed over the last week baby Welshie is losing that proper summer high gloss coat in favour of something rather fluffier. I wasn’t planning on clipping until later in the autumn, might need to bring that forward!

alexomahony

Visit site
Glad I’m not losing the plot - noticed over the last week baby Welshie is losing that proper summer high gloss coat in favour of something rather fluffier. I wasn’t planning on clipping until later in the autumn, might need to bring that forward!

you’re definitely not losing the plot!

The Irish Draft 2022

Visit site
I wouldn’t they are still only growing there winter coat I would wait until the middle of September if I was you. You will be clipping every to 2 weeks otherwise and the weather isn’t cold is so they won’t catch a chill .

Antw23uk

Visit site
Mine has had a horribly thick summer coat and im sorely tempted to full clip now and then start a high trace/ hunter clip come 'w' (im not saying the word!) I know a fair few who clip throughout the summer, its pretty normal.

NinjaPony

Visit site
I’ve just got my clippers serviced so I’m definitely thinking about it!! I’m going to try and hold off until October though, as I’m clipping for management reasons rather than riding so I want to do as few clips as possible!

Fransurrey

Visit site
I'll be clipping week after next. I clip in summer too (very hot cob) and the clip from May is grown out completely. Tempted to take everything but the legs and face this time.

Tarragon

Visit site
Well, I have a 6 day ride over Exmoor planned for next week, so I decided to give my Exmoor pony a customised "bib" clip as their "blackberry coat" is well on the way. She is a loaned pony and I haven't had her for long... I managed to clip the first side reasonably easily though she was anxious, but haven't been able to do the other side! So, we are now sporting a half-and-half look Oops :oops:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Both mine will get done before end of the month.
Mini for bib and belly clip to keep her weight down (and if I leave it much later I'll need cattle clippers). B will also get the same as have a couple of events where she'll be working hard at end of month and I can leave her unrugged when I go away for a few nights in early Oct.
More off before clocks change.

Pippity

Visit site
She's come back sweaty from a couple of very chilled walk/trot hacks, so it's definitely on the cards. But we're heading out for a little local showing in a couple of weeks, so I'm holding off because my clipping skills aren't show quality! Hopefully she won't explode into too much floof before then.

AFB

Visit site
Mines starting to fluff up - I usually hold off until October but we'll have to see how it goes, I don't usually notice him fluffing up this early

mavandkaz

Visit site
Yes. I went away for 4 days last week and was horrified at how fluffy she was when I got back. She will be clipped this weekend.
If it's anything like last year she will need clipping every two weeks until about November, and then every 4-6 weeks.
Thank god the TB will only need doing once.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I always clipped Millie on the august bank holiday so would be done by now!
Kira doesn't grow a coat very early, i have pics from the native champs that was in late October where she was still unclipped. so be a fair while for me yet :)

alexomahony

Visit site
Thanks all for the replies - I normally don’t touch mine till October but I’m going to see how sweaty he comes back from the hunt ride on Sunday to decide. I’ll be upping the fast work now the ground is eventually.

I’m hoping I can wait till Oct as he hates having it done and I hate doing it so the fewer times we do it the better ?‍♀️?