Anyone do Le Trek (Trek) ?

jenz87

Visit site
Hi everyone,
Im thinking about doing some Le Trek, or something similar, with my horse, however, i know NOTHING about it, and i cant find much on it online.
I was wondering are there any participants on here?

Primarily id like things to teach my horse from the ground as I am unable to ride her at the moment due to my health. So id like something fun i can work with her from the ground :)

Thank you :)

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
There is loads in the internet... you have to spell it with a "c": Le Trec

http://www.bhs.org.uk/Riding/BHS_TREC.aspx

Above is a good place to start.... Kelly Marks is the big ambassador. if you want to do things from the ground, try Horse Agility. It's lots of fun and my RC does it. Check your local RC and see if any training dates coming up near you...

Last edited:

Shazzababs

Visit site
I've done a couple. They are great fun.

Some of the obstacles are done dismounted, such as leading across ditches, through narrow 'corridors' (2 jump poles next to each other).

I would suggest getting a hold of the current rule book from the BHS as it describes all of the allowed obstacles in there and you will be able to see which ones you can start practising.

If you can't map read (with a compass), then it would also be a good time to learn this, as the orienteering phase does require it, although for level 1 you tend to just follow bridle paths.

Grumpy Jewel

Visit site
We did it a couple of years ago. The obstacles are great fun as long as you have a versatile horse, otherwise it's quite fustrating for them (lots of precision and accuracy is needed). The orienteering is hard! We had done endurance before which does not really involve accuracy, but trec does! There are sometimes trickier bits that really check your reading your map. Me and my friend preferred endurance as we used to get so carried away chatting we had to double back! Everyone should give it a go. Have a look on the bhs website for any training days as they where super helpful.