Anyone do the Rotary Club ride at Dale Abbey today ?

Pedantic

Visit site
Always fantastically organized, you may have seen me on the broncing spinning sideways backwards rearing ginger Po, in between the flat out galloping, had to go off route a few times around the edge of stubble fields to try and blast it out of his system, a mixed ride for me, being a mix between a nightmare and fantastic, he is nothing like the well behaved ginger you see in my vids when he is on an organized ride out in the wide open with lots of strange horses about, tested me an awful lot today bless him.

Cazolime

Visit site
I did! Went with my loan pony blue. I took my go pro with me and videoed the whole ride, i've also shared it to the charity ride facebook page if you're on there?

Was my first time and apart from one hair raising moment when we coming up to a corner and the brakes had failed I loved every second!

ETA: Here's the video uploaded to youtube https://youtu.be/zptQRtgTkSY

Last edited:

Pedantic

Visit site
Totally love the Vid, good job :), thanks for posting it, I can see the red pickup next to where I had parked, so looks I had gone by the time you got back.

Do you mind if I put a linky on my FB page to your vid ?

chillipup

Visit site
Cazolime, thanks for the video it was great. Love your boy Blue's ears, taking it all in as you were all bowling along together. And your friend's horse No. 69 has a very white tail...guess Blue got to see it quite up close at one point ;)

Pedantic, I kept a lookout for you riding your ginger po on Cazolimes video but you must have been going that fast, it didn't register, much like your cycling friend! :D

Glad you both had a good day.

Cazolime

Visit site
Totally love the Vid, good job :), thanks for posting it, I can see the red pickup next to where I had parked, so looks I had gone by the time you got back.

Do you mind if I put a linky on my FB page to your vid ?

Think we got back just after 12. Sure go ahead no problem 😊

Cazolime

Visit site
Cazolime, thanks for the video it was great. Love your boy Blue's ears, taking it all in as you were all bowling along together. And your friend's horse No. 69 has a very white tail...guess Blue got to see it quite up close at one point ;)

Pedantic, I kept a lookout for you riding your ginger po on Cazolimes video but you must have been going that fast, it didn't register, much like your cycling friend! :D

Glad you both had a good day.

She's got lovely ears! Have made a few videos of our rides, it's interesting to know she is listening when I'm telling her to stop haha.

Jazz has a very white tail and she enjoys flicking it in blue's face!

ilvpippa

Visit site
Me! I was on the 18 year old who should no better horse! First ride in 2 years after tendinitis! Had me off just before the carpark on the way back while we were walking on along rein. Started broncing! So cross with him as had some wicked canters. I'm feeling very sore as landed on my head & had to be lead back as I was so dizzy. Fantastically organised. Will be back (in my other crazy beast!) 18year old is the calm one ha!!

Pedantic

Visit site
Me! I was on the 18 year old who should no better horse! First ride in 2 years after tendinitis! Had me off just before the carpark on the way back while we were walking on along rein. Started broncing! So cross with him as had some wicked canters. I'm feeling very sore as landed on my head & had to be lead back as I was so dizzy. Fantastically organised. Will be back (in my other crazy beast!) 18year old is the calm one ha!!

Glad it wasn't just mine broncing, hope you ok after your fall.

ilvpippa

Visit site
Very very sore! But il be ok. He managed to bronc his shoe off - he isn't sore. He is still walking around his field dreaming of yesterday's cantering. I'm hobbling!
Cracking ride though

Kat

Visit site
I didn't make it this year but it is a brilliant ride and I would highly recommend it.

Ilvpippa the older ones certainly are not the most sensible. I borrowed a 20+ year old pony last year who has done the ride many times before so I could accompany the husband on his first ever pleasure ride on our horse who had only done one pleasure ride before. You can guess which one jogged bounced and hopped most of the way.......