Anyone done the BE at Bradwall?

Ambers Echo

Visit site
For some reason I have never heard of it even though it is less than an hour from me. Anyone know what it is like?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
It is years since I did it but it was then one of the more testing courses. Lovely course though, a horrific looking unfinished bridge in the Novice that actually rode really well the 2 years I did it.

I recollect the 100 course was a lot softer, a couple of meaty fences but they did have alternatives.

It was very well dressed, which did not bother mine but may have a more spooky horse.

Hopefully someone who has done it more recently will come along.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
The course builder is Andy Heffernan who I think builds as technical as allowed. He gave a course walk at a camp last year and said he wanted to ask horses questions at every level to prepare them for the next one. But he also does the Somerford course which Amber was fine over last year.

Lexi_

Visit site
I’ve fence judged there and it didn’t seem too bad, but my view was limited to about two of the simpler fences! Not sure how helpful that is...

ScampiBigMan

Visit site
Hi, very well dressed courses and well built fences, dressage and SJ was well organised and had plenty of room, good and fair SJ and easy access to everything from lorry park. I got lost XC, has only happened a few times and think was down to being quite a windy course with copious use of string for the many lanes as well as getting up at 4am after v little sleep. Didn't find it a particularly flowing course (what I particularly like about Somerford - all levels) but that was approx. 2011, so before Andy H got involved. He builds really nice courses at Somerford that challenge, educate and flow.

Must admit have avoided it since due to not being a particularly flowing course and am often concerned about their ground (too hard or too soft) at the time it runs, plus seemed to be very Cheshire country set when we went - we feel more comfortable in a rougher set(!). However, people that like itseem to love it and return every year.

Fanatical

Visit site
It's my local event. I grew up being able to hear the XC tannoy out of my bedroom window each year.
The courses are very old fashioned, making use of the big natural hedges. It is a little twisty/ fiddly in places, particularly near the beginning, but it rides well. A very well run event. They some times have two separate SJ rings and the dressage is set well away in a field next door. Parking very central. As a previous poster has said, it does tend to be hard or muddy...its on clay.

abbijay

Visit site
It's my local event. I grew up being able to hear the XC tannoy out of my bedroom window each year.
The courses are very old fashioned, making use of the big natural hedges. It is a little twisty/ fiddly in places, particularly near the beginning, but it rides well. A very well run event. They some times have two separate SJ rings and the dressage is set well away in a field next door. Parking very central. As a previous poster has said, it does tend to be hard or muddy...its on clay.
Fanatical, you must have grown up very close to where i live. I live just past the rugby club back into Sandbach!