Anyone else’s not grown a coat this winter?

ImmyS

Visit site
First winter with Finn so not really sure what’s normal for him, but have been really surprised that he has hardly grown any sort of winter coat.

I know it’s been a relatively mild winter but he’s been out 24/7 naked and he still practicallly looks like he’s got a summer coat and little feather. He’s a sturdy RID and expected him to be a bit more of a hairy beast! Glad for it though as easier to keep clean!

Be interested to hear if any one else’s haven’t grown thick coats this year.

Peglo

Visit site
First winter with Tali too so I’m not sure what her winter coat would be like. She doesn’t seem to have a massive coat but it’s certainly much darker than her summer one. I dare say the Scottish islands weather will be a fair change to an Italian winter.

Not_so_brave_anymore

Visit site
Regular yak coats here- I had to clip one because she was panting and sweating just stood still. I thought coat was more controlled by hours of daylight than by temperature?

Spot_On03

Visit site
Still quite thick, but no as thick as other years, was clipped out more and in a full neck rug since December though which might be why.

HashRouge

Visit site
I think mine are about the same as usual. The Welsh is never rugged and he's a bit of a hairy McClairy, and my Arab is about the same as usual. I.e. woolly by Arab standards, but not for most other breeds!

Caol Ila

Visit site
Hermosa did not, but I think it's because she was spending so much energy producing milk. Started rugging her in January. She's not shedding at all, while I could make a whole 'nother horse out of the hair casting off Foinavon.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Old mare used to get very hairy but this winter is only moderately hairy…could be due to fact we ve moved from Scotland to England (more light) or that the winter has been quite mild compared to other years….