Anyone else got a 'fresh' horse after clipping??!!

Ash the arab

Visit site
I clipped Joe on thursday (hunter clip), and i think he is feeling the cold air up his bum!!
Friday we bunny hopped down the drive, but then was fine out hacking and today we pogo'ed around the field!!
He isn't doing anything to be nasty, just a bit fresh shall we say!! But when a 17.2h is rounding his back, dropping his head and skipping with his back legs the ground is a long way away!!!
crazy.gif

druid

Visit site
Yep, Max (fatty cobby) positively bounced down the road today and S bucked lots in canter too ... time to purchase some exercise sheets!

Patches

Visit site
Yup. Patches is more fresh after being clipped. Makes schooling less tiring as she's WAAAAAY in front of the leg! LOL

However as I have no choice but to hack alone, it means our hacking is a little bit fruity. Nothing major but Patches isn't the type of leap about and spin normally. Bless her.

Patches

Visit site
You'll have a zippy lesson, if my experience with Patches the other day is anything to go by. Canter transitions are usually our sticky point - ie she prefers not to canter if she can possibly help it - and Tuesday and yesterday she was almost begging me to canter! LOL.....after 4 laps on one rein of the school area in the field and a quick rein change and four on the other she soon decided working nicely in trot wasn't such a bad idea and we went on to some lateral work. Bless.