Anyone else hate 2009 already!!!!!!!!!!

devilinajar

Visit site
We are only 2 weeks in and just when i thought things couldnt get any worse, they did.
To start off with i went to get a loan last week from my bank, only to be refused. When i asked why they told me i hadnt been making minimum payment on my credit card. The thing is my dad ran up the debt on my card so he is paying it. It got worse when they said i was about 2 points off being black listed. As you can imagin i had such a go at my dad over this, and he has now got a loan to pay the most of it off.
I got home yesterday to find a letter from a solicitior asking me to call them. I had a car accident 3 years ago where an idiot drove into me. I have been paid out and told its not my fault, so thought it was all sorted. How wrong was i. The guy who hit me is now trying to claim against me, and just to rub salt in it so are 5 other people who claim they were in the car too. There were only 4 in the car and that includes the driver!!!!! I now have to go see a barister next week and prepare myself to go to court.
I just want this year to end!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Eira

Visit site
Yes I hate 2009 , its already worse than 2008 started off
frown.gif

* makes plans to invent time machine to take her to 2010 now **

brightmount

Visit site
So "if" there were 6 people in the car it was overloaded. They could not all have been wearing seat belts. Tut, tut. Case closed. My bill is in the post
smile.gif

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Isn't there some limitation on car accidents and claims? It sounds like a scam to make you pay out of court rather than go through the hassle of a case
frown.gif
. Especially if they are saying there was one more person in the car! As brightmoutn says, too many people! (unless is was a seven seater).

Have you spoken to your insurance company about their 'claim'?

Hugs.

Stacie_and_Jed

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So "if" there were 6 people in the car it was overloaded. They could not all have been wearing seat belts. Tut, tut. Case closed. My bill is in the post
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true unless of course it was a people carrier???

Sorry to hear your year has started so badly, i do hope things start looking up for you soon.

xx

devilinajar

Visit site
I have spoken to my insurance as it was just a normal 5 seater car. I thought this would make there insurance in valid, but evidently not!!! but im just hoping that once they have my satment againg that the courts will make it all disapear!!!!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Doesn't that make their insurance invaldi, being overloaded? And I thought it was against the law to travel without a seatbelt if seatbelts are fitted and built after a certain year? Surely they are opening themselves up to prosecution. Figners crossed for you FranP.

devilinajar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't that make their insurance invaldi, being overloaded? And I thought it was against the law to travel without a seatbelt if seatbelts are fitted and built after a certain year? Surely they are opening themselves up to prosecution. Figners crossed for you FranP.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what im hoping for!!!!

k9h

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I hate 2009 , its already worse than 2008 started off
frown.gif

* makes plans to invent time machine to take her to 2010 now **

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. (can oyu squeaze a liitle one in for 2010?)

OP hope you get it sorted out asap & the courts see sense.

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
limitation for accidents and PI claims is 3 years but that is only to say that a protective claim form must be issued at court prior to the third annoversary of the incident x

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Yep.

Bailey isn't better (but that came out of 2008). A lump on my right wrist is being investigated (we think it is a ganglion under the scar tissue of one I had removed when I was five, but they're not sure as it is a hard lump) and in 2 weeks I have to have the lump itself directly injected and if no improvement, I have to have surgery. We got back on 7th January from being at OH's parents house to find a water leak in his house - about 2-3cms of standing water on lounge floor, water streaming down all the walls, carpets sodden etc. Had the assessor round on Monday and its even worse than we thought - the list of what ISN'T damaged is 100 times smaller than the damaged list. It may be the choice that we actually rebuild the house as the inside is going to be gutted. And there is no guarantee that it will be ready before his 30th at the very end of May.

Our jobs are in jeopardy (he is a conveyanching partner in a law firm and I am a trainee legal exec).

It would be good for things to look up - Bailey being better would be more than enough for me.