Anyone else having a rubbish week?

Pippity

Visit site
Tacked horse up on Tuesday for her rehab hacking, picked feet out before leaving the stable, and she had a loose shoe. Okay, I thought, I'll practice loading with her. Hopped in my horsebox to back it out - and gearstick wouldn't move. Gearbox completely seized.

So yesterday had the farrier, the vet (to sedate for the farrier), and a 12-ton recovery vehicle to take my horsebox off for a lovely, expensive new gearbox. Oh, and the gearbox won't be fixed in time for my planned trip to the beach at the weekend.

I just want something to go well. One thing. One tiny thing.

Cowpony

Visit site
Sorry you are having a tough time. It often seems to happen like that. A friend at the yard was all set to have a lesson with a visiting coach, who only comes once a month. Her horse was lame. Got that sorted, the next time he had a bruised sole. The third time he's been kicked in the field. And to add to her disappointment she was supposed to be coming out jump training with us yesterday. Just nothing you can do but get through it and hope for better times.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Piia Pantsu was supposed to have competed in eventing in both the Atlanta, and Sydney Olympics. As I recall it, one of the times, her horse became lame three or four weeks before the games. The other time, while being led from his box, and onto the transport, her horse somehow managed to scrape up a wound on himself. Seeing that he suddenly had a bleeding wound, they could only unload him again, and call the veterinarian.

ETA, I'm not sure, but I think it was the same horse, Ypäjä Karuso.

MarvelVillis

Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having a rubbish week :( I am too. Went up to the yard to turn out my gelding and he was lame. Called out the vet and he had an abscess (although I am slightly relieved it was just an abscess!)