Anyone else manage to ride tonight then?

Madam_max

Visit site
I lunged in the dark
frown.gif
. We have a lunge pen, but there is no light on it at the moment. The security light stays on for about 5 mins, then that's it. I would have ridden but I'm so scared on the branches around the school landing on me.

LauraBR

Visit site
Nope. Not that I can anyway but even if Sam could be ridden I would not have been able to. The weather was WILD this evening. Had to wait my turn for an hour just to get 10 mins loose schooling in the indoor and I'm only doing that because they are all stuck in with the bad weather.

It's a nightmare.
frown.gif

Madam_max

Visit site
I'm totally fed up with it this year. That'll teach me for moving to a yard with no indoor. I don't mind wind & rain, but it's way to dangerous at the moment. Hope Sam gets well soon.

LauraBR

Visit site
Missing huge lovely indoor I moved from too.

You are exactly right re the weather- I'm not a fairweather rider but I would not even consider going out in these storms
frown.gif

UKa

community.webshots.com
didnt manage to go up the yard tonight but tried riding this morning it was WILD out there! I only had a short time anyway only to ride around the fields of the farm where madam tends to get excited anyway even in quiet weather (as green fields are for cantering, surely
smile.gif
) but today it was not comfortable so turned back. It was a bit of a day I think still stormy around here!

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
umm yep i rode had fun in the school for about 30mins, then it blew a gale and peed down, carried on for about 5mins then ran out of the school catching my leg on the fence in the process as i didnt want to get off!! taught my horse to push the gate open but it blew as i went thru it, my own fault!! and got v wet in the process

Halfpass

Visit site
Didn't ride and was supposed to ride 2!! Also my horses are still out
shocked.gif
I didn;t fancy bringing my mare in in the dark today have a very quiet lane to go up (10mins or so) and she would have freaked in the wind so she is out with her buddy that lives out (know i'll worry all night about her) and my OH's horse wouldn't let me near him
mad.gif
. Thought it would be fun to let me run around after him. I realised after 30 mins that it was never gonna happen. So will prob be up there about 10 tonight when OH finishes work
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yeap but it was gale force winds, thank god Blacks is so rock steady! He actually went really well, got a whole round of canter, he is still learning to canter! I love riding him!
Thank goad we have floodlights!

Mel85

Visit site
I've just got back - soaking wet and cold! Don't you just love winter?! My mare was a bit sharp, but actually behaved really well for a baby!

RachelMcTimoney

www.mctimoney4animals.com
somehow mangaed to ride them all! this morning me andmy mum hacked two out for a good hour, it was sunny! my other horse that is in at the moment (she doesn't like winter!) i had to drag out for a hack down muddy track and had trot round in friends school and hacked back it was so windy, she was exelent better than normal! I too have moved this summer from a yard with a big indoor to a field!!!! we must be mad!

pagancluf

Visit site
The moment my foot entered the stirrup to mount - down came the rain - and for a full hour never stopped - suprisingly the beast was a donkey?!?!? He nearly killed me last week on the lesson by excessively bucking?

not_with_it

Visit site
No didnt see the point, my reason being:- when the weather is bad Gin just doesnt want to concentrate. She ends up being naughty and learns my weaknesses which is something I could do without!

amzy

Visit site
I certainly wouldn't consider going out in the gales but three liveries decided they would hack down the road just as it was getting dark too and they came back in complete darkness!! How mad is that!!! I nearly ran into them on my way home as the reflectives they wore were useless anyway.
shocked.gif

Hornby

Visit site
I lunged today and managed 25 minutes, almost, before the driving rain sent us inside. They are out all day on the track though (through a lake to get there at the moment!). Blowing even harder now; forecast is more rain but less wind till Sunday when it goes back up to 29mph!!

Quarrybank

Visit site
I decided not to ride too as although it wasn't raining, I was the only one down the yard & it was v v windy & dark (although we do have lights in the arena) Decided to lunge him in the pessoa instead. He was suprisingly well behaved, but I bet he wouldn't have been if I'd been on him
grin.gif

katiejaye

Visit site
I went outside and stood in the arena when I got up to the yard to see how it was out there: well arena was flooded and the wind was so strong I nearly took off! I decided it really wouldn't be the best idea to try and ride in gale force winds! I'd be flying and swimming all at the same time! Louis looked really unimpressed at the notion of going out his stable anyway so he got an early supper and tucked in snugly!