Anyone else off to Bramham?

Custard Cream

Visit site
Just back from the Fence Judge briefing. Course looks tremendous and the ground is fine, only muddy bit is round the trade stands! Looking forward to Saturday :)

ann-jen

Visit site
Well I can't wait to hit the trade stands too and have made the school boy error of wrong footwear before lol! Praying for sunshine :) and looking forward to seeing Beltane queen :)

ann-jen

Visit site
Seems crazy when blue sky outside today but def seems like rain for tomorrow :-( probs better for the horses than the heat tho I suppose!

nervous nelly

Visit site
I'm going on Saturday never been to anything similar before so really looking foreward to it and... I'm child free for the whole day

lar

Visit site
Me and small child and small dog. Bit concerned with weather forecast though. Didn't look too bad yesterday. Tonight the map just looks blue or even green all day!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Er, yes the weather forecast looks grim!

On the upside there are more places for shelter this year, including a little champagne tent by the east arena, what's not to like?!

It will get filthy though, so def wellies and macs. They have some great shops, inc great kids clothes, picked up some bargains in lazy jacks today :)

I'm opting for sling over pushchair as my legs are better at muddy off reading than any device :)

ann-jen

Visit site
Well blue skies here in Durham at the minute! Hopefully it stays like this. Although I'm now having to somehow go in clothes for sun, with clothes for chilly and clothes for rainy, with welly boots in back up! Will have to lug that, the two dogs and any shopping around for the day!

Darkwater

Visit site
Bit of an update for anyone heading to Bramham tomorrow - Parking ground was perfect when we arrived this morning, but a complete mess by the time we left. We left relatively early and got out ok but there were cars getting stuck all over the place. Even at lunch time when I went back to my car there cars being pushed out. So unless the parking is moved tomorrow it is likely to be very tricky, especially if you're not in a 4x4.

The ground around the shopping / sj is not too bad in places but very muddy and horrible in others, so even if the weather improves tomorrow I would still suggest wellies or decent boots. If you're planning on sitting down to watch the sj and the benches are full, a camping chair or similar to sit on would be a good idea.

I've just got home but live very near by and the rain has just about stopped, but more showers are forecast this evening and tomorrow so don't expect any improvement in the conditions, but its nothing that decent waterproofs can't fix! I hope everyone else that went today had a nice time

kal40

Visit site
I went today and spent the day under a brolly. Car parks weren't good when we left about an hour ago.

Quite a few riders withdrew and I can understand why. It just chucked it down most of the day. The show jumping collecting ring was like a ploughed field by 4pm. Who knows what it will be like tomorrow.

I did enjoy a nip of sloe port which kept me warm on the inside though. If you are going tomorrow head to the food hall, loads of stalls with samples

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Been lovely and dry here a few miles from Bramham since about 5 ish, no more rain forecast. Agree on the parking, but pretty sure they can't move it, but we will see!

Shame the Bramham Ckassic was cancelled, I reckon not enough riders wanted to do it. ;)

ann-jen

Visit site
Been lovely and dry here a few miles from Bramham since about 5 ish, no more rain forecast. Agree on the parking, but pretty sure they can't move it, but we will see!

Shame the Bramham Ckassic was cancelled, I reckon not enough riders wanted to do it. ;)
Yes I think that's why it was cancelled too!