Anyone else praying for rain

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I came racing out of the house yesterday hearing hooves clattering at speed on concrete, worried the few riders I just saw pass leading horses had had a mishap... it was mine having a hoon round the bloody field :(

emilylou

Visit site
Yes! Cracks everywhere. Trying to go eventing and can't justify cantering on this ground at the moment. I'm told it is going to be miserable from Tuesday. I am very pleased :)

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Can you send it over to West Sussex too please, we've hardly had any for months now. Seeded my field yesterday as they promised heavy rain overnight but it was just a light shower in the end 😫😫

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We were delighted on Thursday when we noticed that the grass had started growing in the rain but I really think that we have got enough for now. The moorland was on fire locally at the beginning of the week, we could actually have done with this a few days ago. It has cost hundreds of thousands of ££ to put out a fire started by a discarded portable barbeque:mad:, to say nothing of the ground-nesting birds and other wildlife which have been lost:(.

Our mares were out for just over 4 hours today and were both desperate for a wee when they came in!

oldie48

Visit site
We've had enough rain to keep the grass growing. I am waiting for a dinky muzzle to arrive for the sect C as my plan for him to have a bareish patch isn't going to work as it's coming through as fast as he can eat it. Please send your hungry horses here for a holiday!

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
For about the past week, we've had a bit of rain either mid afternoon, late evening, or very early morning (between 01h00 and 04h00). So all the times of day when I'm either in the office, in the kitchen, or in bed!

The wild barley at the bottom of the garden really thrives on this kind of weather.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Been properly lashing it down here all afternoon, and even more so over the Welsh border. Waterlogged roads everywhere made driving tricky.
Stopped off at a soggy Tesco in Wrexham on the way back from a very interesting saddle fitting seminar.
image.jpeg

windand rain

Visit site
not yet the fertiliser is still on the surface the storm hit spat at us in contempt and left it has rained a bit since but the ground still looks like the sahara desert

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Im over the moon to see lots and lots of rain, after watching the moor fires that Pearlsasinger mentioned getting pretty close to my house and stables. Even after three days of helicopters dropping water on the fires the hillside was still smoking. Thankfully its finally out after a good dose of rain.

Lyle

Visit site
We are in drought in Victoria, Aus. Which is quite worrying due to the disastrous drought NSW and Queensland have been experiencing. We have had a total of 3mm since December, with no Autumn rain at all. The land is brown, dead and turning to dust. It's too late now to get any grass growth for winter (we are getting hard frosts). We've been hard feeding since December and will be doing so until September (if we get any spring rain!). Sourcing hay is getting impossible, with round bale prices surging. Long range forecast is practically no rain for the next 4 weeks.

Surbie

Visit site
No rain forecast here for the next couple of weeks and we had nothing with the storms, just wind and a tiny bit of drizzle. Everything is very dry & the ground's completely solid.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I am surprised how dry the ground is this morning but pleased to see, as I was putting the horses out, that there is grass coming through on the bare patches in the winter field. With luck these warmer temps will bring it on nicely now.

windand rain

Visit site
I still am feeding small amounts of hay we have had one day of rain in months even after that the field still looks like desert although it did dissolve the fertiliser in so maybe grass is on the way