anyone else`s horse gone wizzy?

Peanot

Visit site
The last 2 days my horse, Rox, has been very lively and forward to ride. I have been moaning that she has lost her sparkle and so my firend who works with crystals and has just passed a course on animal communication, worked on her and has put 4 crystals in her stable to make it a better place and has doused her food, telling me that I had to change it.
Also, I have started her back on propel plus, a week ago, and also started her on 5* superflex. So with all this I was wondering if all the bits above have made her feel better or if it is the change of seasons, and if everyone else`s horses are also feeling their feet a little.
I have had to remember to use my legs during schooling as she is so forward and full of it. It is nice in the trot but a little wayward in the canter.
Anyone else feeling this?

Str0ppyMare

Visit site
I ride my friends tb mare, she was lazy but wondered why the last few days that she has been mental.

Turns out that the man who owns the yard (its rented by the livery owners) he thought he was doing a good turn by feeding the horses first thing in the am, but was giving far too much.

Then when we arrive we feed the horses ourselves, so surprised there has been no cases of colic

TGM

Visit site
Mine were all whizzy yesterday
grin.gif
Especially when I turned them out, they went galloping out like loonies and my old retired mare was so excited that she jumped a 2' jump that had been left out in the field! Normally they walk out like old dobbins.

Pidge

Visit site
Think it's the weather as turned Pidge out on Thursday, ok he had just been clipped, and he proceeded to race round the field ending up doing a lovely handstand right in front of me! Thank god he doesn't do that when I ride him. He was lunged over the weekend and at one point carted me round as he was just full of himself
grin.gif

barneyandem

Visit site
My horse is on 5* Superflex-for about 10 days now, and last night he was like a different horse!Very whizzy-pelting round the field all day-and this from my VERY laid back cob!!

Bex7

Visit site
yup very whizzy since Saturday!!

alot of sideways movement and wild scary eyes LOL and he and his mate were sweaty and panting when I brought them in yesterday so no doubt having a hooli just before I got there.
This morning i took his head collar off at the entrance to the paddock so he could follow his field buddy in and instead he backs up and charges around like a div (luckily his paddock is within a larger enclosed one)

Bunch of nutters!

Happytohack

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
my old retired mare was so excited that she jumped a 2' jump that had been left out in the field! Normally they walk out like old dobbins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bless her!
smile.gif
My lot have been whizzy the last few days as well - I put it down to the autumn flush of grass and the cooler nights. Have heard that superflex can make them full of themselves, but put it down to them feeling much better on it.

Rambo

Visit site
My two have been very on their toes the past few days as well. Think it must be to do with the temprature dropping a couple of degrees, and the change of season.....oh, and 60ml's of Propell Plus a day too
grin.gif

Propell Plus a.k.a Rocket Fuel for Horses
blush.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Mine too, thought she was going to explode last night!!!! Doing some quiet transition work in the field (only 5wks today since I broke my leg!!) Started off really well, considering there were two loose sheep in the field and some ducks flying out of the pond!! Did about 20 mins then she started major pings off all four feet, just managed to calm her and walk her back!!!

going to lunge today!
grin.gif

Mellymoo1

Visit site
How weird!! Must be a full moon or something. I had a lesson on my boy last night and he was very full of beans, cantering sideways, trotting like a loon and whizzing over the trotting poles! Even my instructor commented on how fidgety he was as hes normally a bit of a donkey in the school.

I put it down to the fact that I hadn't had time to ride him over the weekend and that he'd just had new shoes on...

mandy4727

Visit site
My youngster has been a loon too!!! And she is on no different feed instead we have cut it down. Oldie no different but he is touching 40!!!! ?Youngster was doing the wall of death round the field the other night before we brought them in and even when they saw us, they normally wait by the gate when the say us walk up, they kept galloping off and rearing and bucking!!!!!!!!! When they decided that they had had enough they came to be caught!! Bless em

Peanot

Visit site
Was wondering how you were doing Lisa, when I saw your name and pics, wondered if you`d started riding again yet. Nice to see you on the mend.
Well, it looks like it must be the weather and yes Rambo, Rox is on the propell plus again, so maybe this with a couple of other factors is why she is like this. She was on it through the summer but it didn`t spark her up any but probably the weather like everyone has said, mixed with all the supplements!
Thanks for your replies.