Anyone else still waiting?

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
No - you're not on your own! I have one mare - due 18th August! And I don't think she'll be early because the foal was a twin until about 90 days (thanks to Junior Vet having hopeless eye-sight!!) She was late because she lost her first pregnancy at the 28 day scan! The mare isn't huge - we expect the foal to be on the small side!

millsandboon

Visit site
Hooray!! Thank goodness for Janet :) Well at least have one of the most experienced broodie experts still popping in to hold my hand. I have found it so hard to tell how big this mare looks as I have got so used to her looking big. She is tail rubbing, holding her tail to the side, very grumpy, bagged up but no wax. I think she may keep me waiting. We have only just finished her foaling box that was hurriedly constructed in the end of a barn. I bet she foal in the field. Anyway really looking forward to seeing what we get. This must be the last BOGOF foal of the year, Shils will be pleased that it won't be a cob!!

millsandboon

Visit site
Brilliant news. I wish I could say with certainty when this mare will foal. I am sleeping in the car to be near to her and keep and eye on her. Although it is quite cosy I am missing my bed :-( She was quite settled and quiet last night unlike the night before. Let us all know what happens tonight.

koeffee

Visit site
lol i wouldnt be without test strips!!!! 1st night last night and other mare running milk today, better go tonight!

millsandboon

Visit site
That's good news Janet. Still waiting here. After separating herself away from the other horses and not paying much attention to them Dottie has been a bit squealy at the fence and wanting to be within close proximity to her friends again. Is this normal?

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
That's good news Janet. Still waiting here. After separating herself away from the other horses and not paying much attention to them Dottie has been a bit squealy at the fence and wanting to be within close proximity to her friends again. Is this normal?

There's nothing 'normal' about a mare about to foal. Grumpy ones get sweet as pie and crave attention; nice natured ones get grumpy and want leaving alone. They aren't even the same from year to year! Any last minute change in behaviour MAY indicate she's about to foal - or it may not!

millsandboon

Visit site
2087m6q.jpg

312g2fm.jpg

Here he is. No name yet. His owner is still in the USA so we may not get a name until she gets back at the end of the month.

Thank you to everyone who gave me advise. I think he is great for a BOGOF. He is supposed to be by a Don Primero colt!!

No doubt I'll be asking lots more questions :biggrin4:

millsandboon

Visit site
Yes, he's a special BOGOF!! Mum has been doing Pony Club, fun rides and showing in coloured horse classes until recently.... She kept him well hidden until the last moment.