Anyone elses horses moulting?

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
Yup, been shedding for a couple of weeks now but he's definitely moving up a gear now so I'm generally covered in white hairs which is making my nose itch just thinking about it! Plus the cat has decided to join the big moult at home so I have some ginger fluff on work clothes too...

The Trooper

Visit site
Yup! In the Scottish Borders.

Bonnie is, she is rugged and stabled at night, Belle is not, she is clipped and lives out.

Some of the horses at the yard are behaving like it is spring as well... Oh how I wish it was.

Reactions: DD

meleeka

Visit site
Yes. My unrugged cob is. The others have the odd hair but not properly yet. My first year with a grey pony, the others are black, I’m dreading it!

catkin

Visit site
Fellboy is, the old lady is hanging on.

It's been a bit surreal these past few days - combing out shedding coat whilst there's inches of snow outside!!

Fiona

Visit site
My blanket clipped, rugged connie is, the other two (also clipped and rugged) aren't.....

Very strange, he's been shedding like mad for about two weeks.

Fiona

JulesRules

Visit site
I'm used to a hairy horse but this is my first spring with a Highland. He is mounting like a good un. Looking forward to being able to give him a proper bath once his summer cost comes through. Can't bath him in winter as he takes too long to dry!

live2ride

Visit site
The one is but she started moultng the week before christmas, but she always drops early. The other not a single hair yet.

Molasses

Visit site
Yup. My littlest started about 10 days ago. He's always the first to molt and about the same time every year.

oldie48

Visit site
Although I am missing LF and his funny little ways I am not missing having him shed his very hairy coat, new girl is very TBish and though unclipped has a very light coat and not shedding as yet. Rose isn't shedding what is left of hers either.

J&S

Visit site
Yes, retired coloured has been shedding for quite a while, especially the white! Baby pony loosing some on her quarters mostly. I am really looking forward to seeing her summer coat, her bay is really very red, like a fox colour.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Yes, really starting to let go of some hair. I clipped her out at the start of winter and it has since grown back to her normal winter coat. Didn't bother re-clipping as she's got a fine coat anyway and hasn't been working incredibly hard. Cannot wait to give her a good bath and scrub when it's warm enough!

twiggy2

Visit site
Not horses as I don't currently have one 😭
Other have is desperate for me to have one, we have not been together long but he realises when I talk about them how large a part of my life they have been, he threatens to just bring one home! He won't, I don't think.
Any way back to the subject.
The kennel dogs are moulting like mad and we are in the Scottish Highlands!

Surbie

Visit site
Nope - mine's hanging on to what is left of his after being clipped in December. I am looking forward to his summer coat coming through, he goes from black to a glossy dark brown/bay.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Yup, been shedding for a couple of weeks now but he's definitely moving up a gear now so I'm generally covered in white hairs which is making my nose itch just thinking about it! Plus the cat has decided to join the big moult at home so I have some ginger fluff on work clothes too...

I have Exmoor & cat hair everywhere!