Anyone elses horsey a bit....flat at the mo??

Visit site
I still think that Boz is recovering from eating something dodgy but I thought he was through it when he galloped around the field bucking and farting
blush.gif
. I had a dressage lesson today and he was really 'heavy' and unresponsive.

He seems fine in every other way but am wandering whether heis taking a while to recover or is just peed off with working in this muggy weather
confused.gif

Any advice anyone??

sea_view

Visit site
Mine also, I've given him a week off, for god knows how long if it's not been BE its been BSJA or a lesson so he's out having a fat week with a couple of leisurely hacks thrown in.

Is he in heavy work and maybe needing a wee break?

Loz x

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Are you feeding electrolytes? People often forget to feed electrolytes during periods when the horse needs them - not just during competitions but during hot muggy spells too - just a thought
Kate x

EllieBeast

Visit site
Argh, if only. my horse is far too fit at the mo, and feeling it! we completed a round of sj, followed immediately by xc warmup, then a full 3' course (with 20 jumps) on sunday, and she recovered to resting respiratory rate in just under 2 mins - then was raring to go again! if i could tap this energy, then believe me, i would be shipping it everywhere - we dont need the extra buzz!
Sarah xXx

Patchwork

Visit site
We had a pony like that at our yard... was just a little bit flat and less bouncy than usual, went round an Intro uncharacteristically slowly, colicked the next day and vet found an abnormal white blood cell count and concluded that he was fighting off a virus.

Rambo

Visit site
Yep, mine was like this for several weeks, and was also behaving erratically in the ring. Turned out he had a virus that was causing muscle fatigue, and bruised feet from the hard ground
frown.gif
He's on the mend now, but viruses can take time to get over, and you might find him 'up' one day, and 'down' the next for a while until he's fully recovered.

Visit site
Thanks for your help, have fed electrolytes this week and some stuff called D-Tox.

He's now on pure oats for a bit too - don't think the weather is helping, they sometimes anticipate thunder storms don't they.

Virus - is acting like that could be it.

Nari

Visit site
Mine are bouncing!!

My riding horse is feeling almost too full of himself - worked brilliantly today but for the first 20min I wasn't sure if he was going to stay in control, not a good feeling on a 16.2 ID! He was quiet in the stable tonight though, not at all impressed that some stupid human had left him out in the torrential rain
shocked.gif

My youngster is feeling bright too, for the first time he's starting to risk being a bit cheeky
smile.gif
He's not allowed to get away with it but it's hard not to laugh at him
grin.gif