Anyone elses SI horses/ponies NOT itchy yet?

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
Full mane... Check.
Full tail... Check.
No sores... Check.
No scratching... Check.

What on earth is happening? Not that I'm complaining of course. After reading all the posts about 'My horse is so itchy...' in the last month I've expected to seem him start, but nothing as of yet. Last year he started rubbing late Feb, so we are doing well do far!
I don't know if it's a change in location, the addition of extra supps, etc thats doing it, but whatever it is, fingers blooming crossed it continues!!!!
Anyone else having good luck so far with SI?

Happy Hunter

Visit site
Yeppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Its a total Joy!!!

Were on Colucoidal Midge, started mid march.
I havent even put her fly rug on yet!!! - Fly spray is on - just because i love the smell of it - Benzyl Benzoate on standby!

appylass

Visit site
Same here, this time last year the sweet itch hoody had been on a few weeks, this year she is fine so far. Well dosed up with brewer's yeast but no rug yet. She is a very vocal and demanding old lady and will let me know when she thinks it's time :D I haven't seen any midges or flies yet, very odd!

Millyard Rejects

Visit site
My 3 ponios are *touching wood* not itching yet! but they are losing hair a lot faster than previous year? If weather holds they may yet get early baths!:D

maxapple

Visit site
Mine isn't either! We are at a new yard so I had wondered if there were just less flies there or something??

Maybe all that cold weather killed all the evil flies!!

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
All the midges and cleg fly's are in my horses field. Pulled about 30 of the blood sucking demons off the white boys chest and belly. Poor lad was covered in blood. Its their first spring in this field and have never known anything like it.

ThePony

Visit site
Horrid sucky black flys are out, and I have seen midges, but somehow mare isn't itchy. This is her first spring at this yard, and also first spring after having been on brewers yeast for the past 3/4 months. Could this be having a positive effect or are the nasty midges not out in sufficient numbers yet? She gets itchy with everything, even when in her fly rug 24/7 so I am trying to give her as much rug free time as poss as she seems much happer like this. If being rugged didn't cause probs in itself then she would be in it now anyway as a precaution. This is her first year with a snazzy snuggy hoods rug (because they do an udder cover) so hoping it will be better for her too.