anyone ever towed with a.....

L

lilym

fourtrack fieldman?? been offered one at a very good price, it is a nice truck with alot less milage than my current fourtrack, and tbh i don't trust my current car it has had so many niggles...... anyway back to question, i have checked out all the data and towing capacity is 3500kg on a braked trailer, i only tow my own neds, one is 460kg one alot less, and i rarely take both together! the fieldman is a slightly shorter wheelbase, about the same as a swb pajero i think, the trailer is around 1000kg.....any feedback...

cariadssogreat

Visit site
Is it the short wheel base - i.e. no hump in the roof? You should find there is no difference between the lwb and the swb as the engines are the same. We have had 5 fieldmans all swb - and we found the very good for manouvering and unbeatable for towing. L reg and beyond had a wider wheelbase which was more stable. With 2 neds the size of yours and a 1000k trailer you will be under 3.5 so no probs.
Hope this helps

L

lilym

cheers! it is an l reg with the newer suspension and i prefer the way the 4wd is set all on the lever and no dash button, which is what constanly plays up on mine, i like the idea of the van body for extra junk carrying potential!! how did you find reliablity and towing out of muddy fields?

cariadssogreat

Visit site
Reliabilty was spot on - hence why I had 5 of them - they never failed to start. You need to have the right tyres on them to tow out of muddy fields- and the fieldman is as good as any other jap 4 x 4 (i.e shogun, trooper etc) however the landrover would always be the best for that job. They're unbeatable on reverse manouvreablity with a trailer on.

Louby

Visit site
Weve got a Fourtrak S reg and and prior to that a G reg. The difference in the suspension is massive. No more feeling 'sea sick' on the motorway!