Anyone feeding Countrywide Value feeds?

Annagain

Visit site
When I went to buy feed at the weekend I spotted Countrywide Value Horse and Pony Mix. It's about £1.50 a bag cheaper than the ordinary Countrywide feed that I use, which will soon add up over the winter, so I had a look at the ingredients and nutritional values.The Value is lower in fat and protein and higher in fibre but neither bag states the calorific value so I don't know the difference in energy.

Both of mine are pretty good doers and not at all fussy so I'm tempted to give it a try but thought I'd ask if anybody uses it and has a view on it. One can get a little excitable if he has too much feed but I assume with being lower in fat and protein and higher in fibre it will be ok. There was no carbs level on either bag, which I thought was a bit odd.

The guy in the shop said the value range is made by Spillers, but the normal range is made by somebody else (he couldn't remember who though). Without knowing who makes the other, it's hard to know if that's more or less of a recommendation!

I wouldn't think twice about trying value stuff for myself, but am wary of it for the horses. What's the matter with me!?:rolleyes:

Feathered

Visit site
I've had the value pony nuts, I thought they looked and smelt nicer than the normal countrywide ones, which I thought had gone downhill when they changed them recently. So I'll stick the value ones.

dotty1

Visit site
I feed the value pony nuts to my two fatties, one bag lasts 2 months!!!. They don't really need food but have a handful each evening for their tea. they don't really seem any different to me.

trickivicki

Visit site
When I went to buy feed at the weekend I spotted Countrywide Value Horse and Pony Mix. It's about £1.50 a bag cheaper than the ordinary Countrywide feed that I use, which will soon add up over the winter, so I had a look at the ingredients and nutritional values.The Value is lower in fat and protein and higher in fibre but neither bag states the calorific value so I don't know the difference in energy.

Both of mine are pretty good doers and not at all fussy so I'm tempted to give it a try but thought I'd ask if anybody uses it and has a view on it. One can get a little excitable if he has too much feed but I assume with being lower in fat and protein and higher in fibre it will be ok. There was no carbs level on either bag, which I thought was a bit odd.

The guy in the shop said the value range is made by Spillers, but the normal range is made by somebody else (he couldn't remember who though). Without knowing who makes the other, it's hard to know if that's more or less of a recommendation!

I wouldn't think twice about trying value stuff for myself, but am wary of it for the horses. What's the matter with me!?:rolleyes:

I dont suppose you went to Countrywide Bromsgrove did you?

Spotsrock

Visit site
I fed countrywide feeds a couple years ago and my good doers were hat racks. Just my single experience. I know others who are very happy with the feeds.

flashmans

Visit site
I changed from Countrywides normal mix to the value stuff several months ago. Look very similar, little bit darker (I think?). Horse eats it absolutely fine, her energy is the same, keeping the same weight and the price definitely helps save pennies! :)

ellie_e

Visit site
Ive just bought the value pony nuts, mine eat them, but there not the sole feed- they get A&P ride & relax too, works about about £2.5 cheaper than spillers

evilmavis

Visit site
I feed the mix and nuts to my tribe, they have all kept their weight on no problems. My youngster is a very fussy eater and he ate his straight away