Anyone for Eland? Weekend plans :)

Chippers1

Visit site
As I haven't seen a thread yet...

Me and I think half of HHO are off to the hunter trials at Eland on Sunday. I'm only doing the 70 but I know the sticky jumps so I'm going to really ride at them. I'm really really hoping to go clear. Not bothered about placing, just want clear!! If anyone spots us (probably looking terrified) say hi. My xc colours have Buzzards down the sleeves so we're quite noticable.

I have to deal with this first though...
Screenshot_20190425-175747_Gallery.jpg

Abi90

Visit site
I was supposed to be going to Addington Manor for the whole weekend but now we cant go because the new tow car I bought on Friday is back in the garage... :(

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Nothing doing here. Had wanted to enter a PSG music on Saturday but couldn't spare the funds for entries... Just seen on FB that they've cancelled the show due to the weather forecast so not feeling so hard done by now. Might box off somewhere to go for a hack :)

Snowfilly

Visit site
My mum's judging a local RC show this Sunday, and they were short of helpers so I got volunteered to do entries for the day.

I'm looking forward to it; Mum's never judged showing before so is a bit apprehensive.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I am also at Eland with the girls who are doing the pairs jumping. I will look out for you Chippers! What;s your real name and I can keep an eye out. (PM me if you prefer).

Here they are practicing for the dressing fence!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Chippers1

Visit site
I'll be there pretty early, but just in case you do it's Robyn (anyone who sees the vids/pics I post would know who I am anyway 😅) usually easy to pick out as it's not that common a name!

They look great, sometimes wish my twin rode so we could do fun stuff like that but then I remember it's my hobby and not for sharing with her 😛 good luck to them!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I watch the vids but am too unobservant to have ever noticed your name!! Thanks I will keep an eye out and give you a cheer on your way round x

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I'm (for my flipping sins, 🙄) entered in an intro at v local venue on Sat, times are out and I'm in 1st, which suits me.
Not bothered about getting wet, but will make a decision an hour before if the winds really are dire as the trip is only 10 mins from my yard.
Nowt planned for Sunday tho.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
We headed to West Wilts today. I thought we were going to get soaked, instead we were nearly blown away by the wind!! Thankfully Cassie is pretty good in all weathers. I was really pleased with her, other than her feeling the need to save me from the yellow snake (hose!) on the other side of the fence for our Novice test. 67.31% and first overall in our Prelim class, giving us more Summer Regional points and some prize money, and 65.65% and second in our section for Novice, which completes our second Area Festival set at that level.

Picture of the proud princess pony showing off her frillies - no ridden pics as on my own as usual!

57811497_1333715463434144_4643806154688823296_n.jpg

Taking 13.2 pony and his sharer to do some Team/My Quest on Sunday, otherwise a quiet one for us I think.

Good luck to all those out and about, at both Eland and anywhere else. Have fun and be safe. :) xx

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm also at Eland with my bigger cob. He's black with four white stockings, and we are on around 10am in section B. I'm a bit nervous but hopefully we will be ok. We have a jump lesson on the Saturday with our yard owner so that should get us in the mood.

we jumped a simulated corner on Sunday. Since we haven't jumped any corners before. We just built one with the show jumps, which was taller and wider than the one at Eland, but obviously less solid. Hopefully we will be ok!!

Bernster

Visit site
Have fun at eland everyone ! Don’t envy you that mucky grey to clean up but I’ve been there myself.

Great result niki.

Quiet one for us. Been busy the last few weekends so I need some down time and am sure F will be pleased with that. Nice hack out and might put some jumps up in the school.

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm also at Eland with my bigger cob. He's black with four white stockings, and we are on around 10am in section B.

I'm on around quarter to 10 in section A so might spot you :) you will be fine! The corner does jump nicely, it's the second fence with the brush that i'm worried about...

Asha

Visit site
good luck to all those competing at Eland, very jealous of you all, id like to think I can attempt that next year. Just need more hours in the day to get my ass in the saddle ( or sell some horses).

After a manic weekend over easter im having a quieter one. So just planning on fence judging at Bradwall tomorrow, and nothing on sunday. My project mare has a viewing today,so fingers crossed that goes well as when she sells it will free up some time for me

Denbob

Visit site
Good luck to all, as always I can't wait to read reports and live vicariously through everyone!

Chippers1 - don't envy you there!
AE - the girls look so lovely together, really nice pair.
nikicb - lovely frillies, nice start to a weekend!

Yard fun day is looking like it might be cancelled (boo!) so quiet one for me. Have just posted in the Tack Room about my miracle worker of a saddler getting D's tree adjusted in 24 hours so might be back on board if my back protector has arrived! First time since the accident so hoping he'll keep his "I'm a cool dude" attitude even in the wind forecast.

Chippers1

Visit site
@DressageCob I've just seen some course pictures they've posted, they have the 50cm corner in as a black flag option on the 70 course so if you are worried about it there's always that!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Good luck everyone - especially those at Eland! Jealous I love Eland but we live nearly 4 hours away now.. bit far for an XC round :D
I'm taking Rocky XC schooling tomorrow, we haven't done XC for years so it could be fun :D but we have an ODE booked in May so need to prep!!
Sunday I do have plans to do some polework with Lils but I think I may spend my day in the hot tub soaking my poor muscles as I think my arms are going to get ripped off tomorrow! x

DirectorFury

Visit site
Good luck everyone competing!

M was shod on Tuesday...I hadn't realised how much she'd been struggling with her hooves as she's gone from OK but a bit flat to bouncing round everywhere like bloody Tigger. I'm feeling quite guilty for letting it go on this long :(.

We have a weather warning for stupid winds tomorrow so will go for a hack in the valley Sunday.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
As there are a few of us at Eland I thought I'd start a llist so we all know who to cheer on when!

See you at Bradwall Asha. I am number 90, on the XC around 1.45

AE twins: 158 at 2:31
Chippers: 13: 9.44
Dressage cob?
Starbucks?
Anyone else?

Asha

Visit site
As there are a few of us at Eland I thought I'd start a llist so we all know who to cheer on when!

See you at Bradwall Asha. I am number 90, on the XC around 1.45

AE twins: 158 at 2:31
Chippers: 13: 9.44
Dressage cob?
Starbucks?
Anyone else?

Good look AE I shall give you a wave as you go round x

Chippers1

Visit site
Just a random question about the groups, do they place per height section or per group in the height section? I know they do groups at BE but I've never quite got it as I've not been to one that's done it before!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Each height is divided into several different sections with about 40 riders in each. You are placed in sections. Everyone in your section will have the same dressage judge so scoring should be consistent within a section even if there are differences across sections.