anyone from the bournemouth area????

jenbleep

Visit site
oh my god i havent been on here for ages!! some time last year i think. well i'm back!
anyway ive just moved to bournemouth from newquay, mainly because of the lack of jobs down there! i was wondering if there are any people on here who are from bournemouth or the surrounding areas? i'd like to know if there are any decent riding schools around this area, i've found one but i'm not too sure yet. and before you say it, yes i have looked on the BHS website, but all they say is where they are. I want to know details! I want to know good ones and bad ones. I'm a intermediate rider, so no places that are too touristy or just focus on trekking.
I live near bournemouth airport if that helps? i have a car so i dont mind to travel a little bit. a little bit tho not miles and miles!!

also, does anyone know if there areriding clubs around this area too? i dont have a horse but im interested in joining so i can help organise shows and stuff. something good to put on my cv!

Tempi

Visit site
im a member of chilworth riding club which is romsey. I live in salisbury and all my friends live in bournemouth!! i cant help with riding schools im afraid as the yard where i learnt to ride is the wrong side of where i live for you. i now have my own horses on DIY livery so i dont go to riding schools. I know however there is Quob in southampton, would be about a 45min drive, maybe less for you if you live by the airport.

You can google Quob Stables and Chilworth Riding Club - they both have websites.

bellaboo

Visit site
The area around Bournmouth airport is very horsey. There is stocks farm but don't really know what its like as i live near weymouth/ Dorchester. There is the R.A.C saddle club in bovington which i think is very good but that does mean abit of travelling for you. Go into some of the tack shops there is plenty in the area they'll be able to tell you somewhere to go. If you find somewhere decent, let me no always like to try somewhere new!!

Tangaroo

Visit site
I agree, the saddle club at Bovington has a good reputation. I dont know of any nearer you cos i am also in the weymouth direction.

tking

Visit site
hi i live in wimborne so about 10 mins from you, dont know about riding schools but avon riding club hold shows in parley which is just down the road from you, i will try and find details for you. welcome to the area

tking

Visit site
hi i have just found out avon riding club have a table top sale at parley sports club on the 12th of this month 10 am start 9am for sellers. for local fixtures look at www.nfed.co.uk
If you go along on sun you may learn more about the club good luck

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
I lived in Bmth and Ringwood for many years, but I'm not there any more however I still have many friends there.

Stocks Farm is a stones throw from you, however I don't know who is running it now. Jackie Stolper's yard, Flanders Farm over at Hordle I can highly recommend. There's also Burley Villa at New Milton.

Try Ringwood and District Riding club, or Wimborne Riding club.