Anyone getting prepared 4

WallisM

Visit site
WINTER ?
mad.gif

I have noticed in the past 2 weeks my 2 are starting to get wooley and the nights are cutting in.

I have my square bales already, just need to order my round bales. Also need to stock up on my haylage and buy another feed bin.

I am not stabling/rugging yet gonna try and keep them out/off as long as I can and won't be clipping until they are in.

Anyone stabled and clipped yet ?

x
smile.gif

miamibear

Visit site
Crikey not in yet or clipped. I have bedded down ready though!!
wink.gif

Trying to keep them out on the day as long as poss and in on a night from maybe end of sept beginning of Oct. Come end of Oct though and the ban on turnout will have started, thats the nightmare time. Bloomin horses dont get out and i feel so guilty for them!! Going to go down morning and night to exercise though, to keep him sane!!

They tend to tell us when they are ready to come in full time though, they stand at the gate waiting!!

Not sure how Red will cope being in all winter but nowhere round us does all year turnout that has a school unless you want to pay £50 pw diy!!

Arrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh how depresssing
frown.gif
mad.gif

Tempi

Visit site
Bloss in every night anyways, and in during the day every other day. shes been wearing a rug at night since beginning of august - just a thin sheet then. Shes now wearing her middle weight hoodless job at night when its chillier and just a fleece rug on the milder nights. The weather is so up and down at the moment she gets a different rug each night!! Shes out in her field today in LW & Hood as its peeing down here
frown.gif

She'l be clipped end of october and middle of february this year as i can afford to get her clipped to often as it costs me £100 as she has to be sedated fully. She'l be really well rugged and her coat dosent grow back much after shes been clipped anyways.

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Ours are in and at least two of them will get clipped this weekend. D goes very woolly, very quickly.

Dark when I do them in the morning and fighting darkness to get them all ridden at night after work.

Roll on the spring!

pottamus

Visit site
My boy is in at nght all year anyway to give him tummy a rest from grass! But I will get my hay in next week and that will see me through till April next year. No rugs or clipping yet as he is only just beginning to shed a few hairs and still has his summer coat. Will clip when he gets too hot during work...hopefully October time.

Puppy

Visit site
Nope not really!

Apart from having had the rugs cleaned and proofed over the summer. And I have some haylage in the barn, but only as its left over from spring.

Star will be out without a rug on for some time to come yet.

_daisy_

Visit site
1 of mine is in on a night - the others are still out. Looking at clipping 1 or 2 this weekend as well.
Been looking on ebay for some new rugs as well (oh dear!)
Haylage is ordered, bedding ordered too. Just looking at getting the storeage sorted so it can be delivered.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
our ladies are all still out including the two OAP's, one with a light rug at night. Spent all yesterday painting the stable roofs with bitumen paint, then it poured down all night! At least it pointed out the weak spots, three places to re-do. All four horses will be in at night and out during the day from end October beginning of November, weather permitting. We can only ride at weekends during winter as both my sister and I both work full time. It looks like winter today but is very warm. Very odd
laugh.gif

minesadouble

Visit site
I am getting prepared to do lots of grovelling as currently only allowed 2 stables at OH's farm for my neds but need 3 as horse I intended to sell before the winter has wormed her way back into my good books and persuaded me to keep her!
Anyone got a copy of the Kama-Sutra I can borrow??!!
grin.gif

Hornby

Visit site
Will bring them both in tonight for the first time for over 3 months as it has rained all day (and I hate my fields getting mucky!), old horse is getting woolly despite light rugs but he is not in work so won't be clipped till spring (yes, I am lazy I clip off the fur in spring to save the work!). ISH is only just starting to thicken her coat but she does like to get in the mud - another reason for being in. They will have day time turn out for a few hours on grass and a few hours on the track till the weather really turns, then out on track all day. Haylege in, straw in, rugs cleaned - but not ready for the work!!