Anyone go to Shoeburyness to Ride on The Beach?

KrujaaLass

Visit site
Yes I go there. There is a large car park just on east Beach. But last time I went without horses they had a height restriction barrier. so not sure now if you can park a tall box.
You have to go when tide is out or going out and be very careful to come in before tide comes back in as it is easy to get cut off. If you time it right you can get a good three hours riding. Had some fantastic days there but last time went there was the kite things on wheels which spooked my spooky horse but the othere were okay.

Twiglet

Visit site
Hi Tori. I've never been, but would recommend checking the tide times very carefully and giving the beach authorities a quick call.

Sadly, a horse from our yard died in the sea at Shoeburyness, and his young owner was very nearly taken with him. It is thought he had a heart attack in the sea - luckily for the owner she was dragged to safety, but it left the whole group very upset obviously.

The beach is flat, with dunes and great gallop stretches etc, but it is only really rideable in winter - in summer you have to be off the beach by 9am as far as I know.

Have fun if you go, I'm hoping to try it next year - just worried about the inevitable brake failure!!

Safina

Visit site
Morning - A and I went a few times and I know E with Oliver has been loads. I'll tell you everything I know when I see you on saturday night
smile.gif